Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

March 14, 2014
By Yessicapla29 BRONZE, Phx, Arizona
Yessicapla29 BRONZE, Phx, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ender’s Game

Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card was published in 1985. Ender’s Game a mind blowing out of this world book that talks about Ender’s journey to become to a commander and safe the Earth. Ender, a vigilant boy, was very affable and had many friends in battle school.

Ender’s Game takes place in battle school, and it also takes place in Earth. The main character in the novel is Ender, a six years old sage young boy. Ender is the humanity's last hope. Although his young age, Ender trains to be a commander. Ender is a gifted intellectual boy who does not like to follow orders.

I can connect to Ender because I have felt pressure and even though I have never “struggled madly to stay alive” (Card 100) I can sense his struggle. In other words, I relate to Ender because Ender is taught through games and I learn better through games. Moreover I can relate to Ender because Ender is very contemplative on his next step and I am always planning ahead.

A concept that is very alive during the book in compassion. Since Ender shows compassion by saving a bugger, the audience can conclude to that idea the compassion is an asset of Ender’s existence, yet “someone with that much compassion could never be the killer [they] needed (Card 392).

Ender’s Game is an extraordinary book full of detail. I enjoyed Ender’s Game from start to finish. The best part of the book was when Ender goes to battle school. Furthermore Ender’s Game is thrilling and amazing. To conclude Ender's Game is a wonderful book.

I would recommend Ender’s Game to students fourteen through sixteen. I would also recommend this book to kids who are into science fiction. Moreover Ender’s Game would be found interesting to people who appreciate unpredictable books. Since Ender’s Game is an amazing book I would recommend to everyone.