Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham | Teen Ink

Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham MAG

By SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois
SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois

“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
― Henry David Thoreau

I will be honest: I wanted to read this book because Lauren Graham, who played Lorelai on “Gilmore Girls,” wrote it. I have watched her on television and in movies for as long as I can remember, but had no idea she was a writer. I was quickly engrossed in this story of the ups and downs of the New York acting world.

Someday, Someday, Maybe is the story of Franny Banks, a struggling actress in New York City, with just six months left of the three-year deadline she gave herself to succeed. So far, all she has to show for her efforts are an ad for ugly Christmas sweaters and a degrading waitressing job.

Life is heavy. Literature is heavy. Yet, this book is a light and incredibly fun read. I could not have been happier I picked up this book.

This is chick lit at its finest: an uplifting story of what it takes to achieve your heart’s desires. Graham writes with passion, soul, and honesty – not to mention, she’s hilarious.

If you are a fan of Lauren Graham the actress, be prepared to be a fan of Lauren Graham the author. Someday, Someday, Maybe received a Goodreads Choice Award nomination for Best Fiction in 2013, and a TV adaptation is planned. I’m looking forward to another book by Graham; one will be released someday, someday maybe.

Whatcem SILVER said...
on Jan. 2 2015 at 5:51 am
Whatcem SILVER, İstanbul, Other

"Life is short, birds are flying."
-Cemal Süreya

Well thought article!

on Dec. 12 2014 at 9:16 am
CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

Very well done! You do a good job of advertising the book, you come from an interesting angle, and manage to capture the essence of the book (I think; I haven't read it) without giving anything away. It's well-written, well-described, and you did a fantastic job!

on Dec. 11 2014 at 9:57 pm
Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
oh wow i enjoyed reading this article very much. its very insightfull and passionate. From reading this, i am given the impresion of how pationate you are about this subject and you express your feelings about it in a well written manner with excellent choice of words. This is very austounding and it even makes me want to read the book. nice job writting this article.

on Dec. 11 2014 at 9:25 pm
Dream2000 BRONZE, Greenwood, South Carolina

Believe you can and you're halfway there
~Theodore Roosevelt

I loved this review! It makes me want to read the book. I actually might if I can. Keep  writing!

on Mar. 8 2014 at 9:50 am
Shadow_Wolf GOLD, Mayfield Heigts, Ohio

"Love is not opening your eyes but opening your heart."
"You see not with your eyes, But with your heart."
"Think first with your heart not your head."
"If it has a heart, It is human."

Well Done, this entry tells us a great deal about the book, without giving away the details... :D

on Mar. 8 2014 at 9:47 am
Promethean SILVER, Kanpur, Other

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind....

I am confused if this a poem. it seems like article and ITS awesome.

Nintendude said...
on Mar. 7 2014 at 4:30 pm
DATS BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL!

on Mar. 7 2014 at 4:30 pm
Paradisaically BRONZE, Charlottesville, Virginia

"I taught you to fight and to fly, what more could there be?" - J.M Barrie

I really like this!!  I love where you said "Literature is heavy."  Nice job (: