The Maze Runner by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

By crazyzm BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina
crazyzm BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina

"I hated every moment of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
-Muhammad Ali

This book was recommended to me, and I'm so glad it was. I heard so many great reviews from my peers so I decided to pick it up. I'll admit at first I was skeptical, how great can this book actually be? But I started reading it started off slow, so slow that I almost put it down. But I wanted to know why everyone loved it so much so I continued on. After the first few chapters of laying the background the story was full of action. I finished this book in two days, and it would have been one if I didn't have homework.

Thomas has just woken up in a strange place and the only thing he can remember is his name. He is surrounded by unfamiliar people who talk weird, and is trapped in a place that seems familiar but he can't place it in his mind. We follow Thomas as he makes sense of the place, develop relationships with the other boys there, and finds a way out for them. For two years the Gladers have been trying to find a way out, yet they haven't succeeded. Will Thomas be able to get them out? Is the world beyond the Glade even a place where they want to be?

I recommend this book to middle school kids to adults, it has a wow factor where you get hooked in more and more as you read on. Anyone would enjoy this book simply because its suspenseful and mysterious yet interesting at the same time. If I could promote this book myself, I would because I loved it so much and I can't wait to read the next book since this is a series. I encourage you to read this, right now!

I really love this series, it's such a great read. A movie is coming out later on this year, and I'm definitely going to watch it!