Homeboyz by Alan Lawrence | Teen Ink

Homeboyz by Alan Lawrence

February 18, 2014
By Ayeron_Bruhh SILVER, Sacramento, California
Ayeron_Bruhh SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Real eyes, realize, real lies-Tupac.
Step by step I don't see any other way to success-Michael Jordan


Imagine your younger sister was shot up out of the blue and you had to help a little gangster. You’re full of rag but things turn around. In Homeboyz this will exactly happen.
When Teddy is behind bars, he misses his younger sister’s funeral. When Teddy is out and with an ankle monitor he has to be careful. Teddy is a clever kid but make the wrong moves. Teddy’s parole officers have him help a young boy who has nobody and want to join a gang.
Teddy is a clever and bold teen. Teddy can hack into government and school websites. The young boy doesn’t have anyone to look up too so he want to join a gang. He is a disrespectful, loud mouth, and trouble maker.
Will Teddy is and this young gangster get along? Will Teddy ever get his revenge?
This book is outstanding. The way how it connects to the ganging world. Many kids are joining gangs because they do not feel important. Teens in high school will always make a wrong move but they need to know everyone make mistakes.


The author's comments:
The world connect to this book because of all the gangs in the world. Kids join gangs to feel important.