Lucky by Rachel Vail | Teen Ink

Lucky by Rachel Vail

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

Have you ever thought yourself as a lucky person? Phoebe Avery has. She’s rich, pretty, popular, smart and has a great group of friends to go with it. What more could she want? The answer is an amazing party to celebrate her and her friends for graduating from grade 8. This party includes balloons, professional DJ, catering and of course $500 dollar dresses. Yet this party soon goes out of control. Instead of uniting her friends, it is the undoing and becomes not just a party but the final goodbye. This time luck not on Phoebe side. With an unexpected turn in Phoebe’s family life; it leaves her wondering if luck had anything to do with it.

Rachel Vail writing is common. The story line is a little dry. With the story being about Phoebe it is more of a book on rich girl problems than anything else. And like everything other teenage book there’s the following: friend drama, family drama, boy drama, and sibling drama. Still as the first book in the Avery Sister Trilogy we get to see how the sisters work with and against each other. As this book tells the story of the youngest sister, the other tells the story of the older ones Allison and Quinn. If you like books that appear as the point of view of all the charterers then you will love this sister novel.