Zorgamazoo by Robert Paul Weston | Teen Ink

Zorgamazoo by Robert Paul Weston

By ThtGirlRachel SILVER, Teaneck, New Jersey
ThtGirlRachel SILVER, Teaneck, New Jersey

“We never left the earth!... We just crashed back into it!”. - The Twilight Zone

Have you ever read a novel a novel in rhyme??
It's shocking yet majestic, you should try it some time.

Zorgamazoo written by Robert Paul Weston is the story of a neglected girl named Katrina who goes on an adventure with an unadventurous Zorgle named Morty, in this adventure they discover their purpose in life, the true meaning of friendship and the Zorgles of Zorgamazoo who've gone missing.

Katrina is self-reliant,offbeat, and erratic sometimes. She's the type of girl who plays by her own rules, the only problem is there's no one to play with. Her parents left her when she was very young so she lives a miserable life with her guardian Mrs.Krabone until their return (if ever). Morty on the other hand lives vicariously through the stories of his legendary dying father. He's a full grown Zorgle who dreams of adventure, but that's all he does, dream. The theme of the book is adventure, but not just any adventure: the above-ground, underground, out-of-this-world kind of adventure.

However, The most interesting thing about Zorgamazoo is that it's a verse novel. A verse novel is a narrative book of poetry; Zorgamazoo was specifically written in "anapestic tetrameter" the A-A-B-B pattern. So not only does the story have an amazing plot, but it rhymes... and makes sense too!

The reading level suggests elementary,

but on the contrary

one may require a dictionary,

to comprehend this story.

It's an intimidating read at first but after a while you'll start thinking in rhyme, and before you know it every sentence you speak will carry a poetic beat.

You won’t know what hit you

you'll experience a sort of breakthrough

this book could change your world view,

this book: Zorgamazoo.

One day I thought to myself "How cool would it be to read an entire novel in rhyme?" I did some research and was delighted to find Zorgamazoo, it was exactly what I was looking for. If you can't get enough of poetry like me, then this book is a must read for you.