Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck | Teen Ink

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

October 26, 2013
By Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York
Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York
30 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.


George and Lennie have been companions for a long time. Traveling from place to place in search of a job during the Great Depression, they create a bond between them seemingly unbreakable. Then one day disaster strikes and the two men find themselves running for their lives. George knows that without Lennie he could have a better life. He wouldn’t have to be on the lookout for him at all times, and he could keep a job for more than a couple of months. Lennie isn’t like all the other guys. He’s not as bright, and he forgets everything you tell him. But he’s a good worker-one of the best. More importantly, he’s the most loyal friend you will ever find. He knows that he brings George trouble everywhere they go, and he tries his best to fight his hidden strength. Read this classic novel by John Steinbeck and discover what finally brings George over the edge and find out how this remarkable bond between man and mind gets broken.