Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton | Teen Ink

Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

By SammiStar15 SILVER, Newark, Delaware
SammiStar15 SILVER, Newark, Delaware

Ethan Frome Review

Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton is a fictional book that was published in 1911. It has a harsh theme involving forbiden love, crippeling disease, isolation, and the coldness of winter.The main characters in the story are Ethan Frome, the narrator, Zeena, And Mattie. Ethan Frome is a man who lives in seclusion from the rest of the town. He was in a crippeling accident that is somewhat a mystery to the rest of the village. Zeena is Ethans wife. Mattie is Zeenas cousin. Mattie lives with Zeena and Ethan and eventually Mattie and Ethan form a forbidden love.

The story takes place in a small town in America that has a tiny population. Ethan Frome lives in this small town on his farm. Almost the whole story takes place during the winter season. Winter tends to hit this small town especially hard and most people leave town for the season.

i think that the book was very boring when i read it. i had a very hard time keeping myself interesting in the story. at about half way through the book i was dreading having to read the rest of the book. I am not one to read for fun and this book was definitely not fun to read.

in conclusion i would not recomend this book to anyone who wants to read someting interesting. if you were stranded on an island with nothing else to do, then i would use the book for fire and find entertainment elsewere.