Matched by Ally Condie | Teen Ink

Matched by Ally Condie

By MyDorkyHeart SILVER, Halfway, Missouri
MyDorkyHeart SILVER, Halfway, Missouri

To comprehend the value of one year, just ask the students who failed their entrance exams. To comprehend the value of one month, just ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby. To comprehend the value of one week, just ask the editor of a weekly newspaper. To comprehend the value of one hour, just ask the lovers who are waiting to meet. To comprehend the value of one minute, just ask the people who missed their stop on the train. To comprehend the value of a second, just ask the person who managed to avoid an accident just in time. To comprehend the value of one tenth of a second, just ask the person who ended up with a silver medal at the Olympics. The hands of the clock will continue ticking. Therefore, treasure every moment you have. And treat today as the utmost gift you'll have. -"Yuuki"

Matched is about a 17-year-old girl named Cassia Reyes. The world she lives in is basically a Utopian-Dictatorship. Everything is decided by the Society thus, there are no worries. Your time of death, your type of food, your job, and even who you marry is decided for you. But before you think this is too unfair (which it is,) let me tell you that they find your PERFECT match so you don’t have to worry about not being able to find him\her. (To me, that part would be awesome.)When a glitch in the perfect system appears, though, it causes Cassia to wonder if the Society is all it has been built up to be. When she meets Ky Markham, an outcast aberration, she develops confusing and romantic feelings for him, even though she has been matched with her best friend: Xander Carrow. She soon decides she wants to make her own choices for what she can and can't do, destroying the laws and regulations the Society wants her to bow down to. Matched is followed by Crossed and then Reached. Anyone who likes Science Fiction, Romance Novels, The Hunger Games, Utopian Novels, or Dystopian Fiction is bound to love the Matched Series by Ally Condie. So if you think this book is cool enough, give it a go. Grab a snack or two, your favorite drink, and get comfortable. Trust me, by the time you finish the first page, you won’t be able to remove your nose from the book.

I loved this book. It was definitely worth reading. I totally recommend it!

on Sep. 12 2013 at 7:39 pm
MyDorkyHeart SILVER, Halfway, Missouri

:) It is! I loved it!

Kindle GOLD said...
on Sep. 11 2013 at 9:07 pm
Kindle GOLD, Sudbury, Other

"There is no subject so old that something new cannot be said about it." -Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense." - Robert Frost

It sounds like it's really interesting!