Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck | Teen Ink

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

By gbrowne GOLD, Encino, California
gbrowne GOLD, Encino, California

"We are all that we are."

This can’t be possible. You took this job working at the cirus for a few extra dollars before school, but this? This is something you never imagined. Something that is unimaginable.

Kelsey Hays’s parents died in a freak car crash from a driver who had had too much to drink. Kelsey, heartbroken, was forced to move in with a foster family who took good enough care of her. That is, until she takes a job working at a traveling circus stationed nearby. They have a tiger and in seconds, Kelsey is infatuated. She visits the tiger and reads to him and draws him and in the frosty air she whispers to him, “I wish you were free.”

Those five words set Kelsey on an adventure that you wouldn’t imagine. Suddenly, in days, the tiger has been bought and is being brought back to India, with Kelsey’s help. A myseterous Mr. Kadam with an unending bankaccount flys her to India with instructions: stay with the driver and the tiger until you make it to the reserve. That would have been easier for Kelsey if she hadn’t gotten stranded with the tiger and no driver in the middle of the Indian forest. Alone.

Little does she know that the tiger is a cursed Indian prince who can only change into a man for twenty-four minutes out of every twenty-four hours. Kelsey then finds out that she is the only one who can break the curse with a couple of Indian deties help, of course.

The first book in a series, Tiger’s Curse will capture your imagination and take you on an riveting tale of a young girl trying to break the curse over the one that she loves. This book will keep you rooted to your seat reading ancient legends and modern ones mixed togther with the snarl of a tiger and the hint of love in the air.