The Clique by Lisi Harrison | Teen Ink

The Clique by Lisi Harrison

February 22, 2013
By wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
40 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Have you ever had to change your plans and do something else that you don’t want to do? Well in the book The Clique by Lisi Harrison, twelve year old Massie Block and her clique, Alicia, Dylan and Kristen, go out and get a makeover every year two days before the first day of school.

But soon things change. Massie’s dad’s friend and family decide to move from Orlando, Florida to Massie’s guest house because of a job recommendation in Westchester. His oldest daughter, Claire is also twelve years old and will go to the same school like Massie OCD Middle School. The day that Massie saw Claire right away she knew that she was not the one for their Clique. Claire goes through a lot of emotions, like, sorrow, madness and hate. On the other side Massie goes through love, hate and desperation.

Lisi Harrison is a wonderful author and wrote a whole series of the Clique books plus a summer collection of Massie’s clique all over the globe. Also the book the Clique was made into a movie. This book won three awards, The Booklist, Kilatt and Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA). I would give Lisi Harrison Four stars because of her hard work and stories.

My experiment of reading this book was like watching a movie because each chapter holds another problem. I also would stay all night all the way to 12:00 P.M reading.

Massie learns that you can’t Change anything about a person, even if her hair and make-up stylist, Jackob, put make-up on someone.

In the end you’ll want to keep reading the next book in the series.

Grades 6 and up


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.