Switched by Amanda Hocking | Teen Ink

Switched by Amanda Hocking

By K.T.Goulding BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
K.T.Goulding BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

Switched Book Review

Switched is a mega page turner that keeps you awake Amanda Hocking really knows how to keep you reading. Switched is a fiction story that brings you into a young girls new world. Wendy is an average high school girl who was almost killed by her mom at 6 years old . Bu her mom didn’t call her a monster for nothing. There is this boy named Finn (who is her tracker) who always stares at her in school. One day he appears in her room and he tells Wendy that she is part of a town called Forening and that she needs to leave now. He also tells her that she is a troll and the princess of the town. Of course she thinks he is crazy and she would never leave her Brother Matt and aunt Maggie which she lives with. But she ends up leaving because another troll group called Vitra attacks her and Finn saves her. When she gets to the palace she learns she hates her new life. Her mother is mean, she has to be perfect and she is not aloud to leave. She also meets the boy she was switched with when she was a baby and his name is Rhys. In Forening when they have children they switch them with normal American kids and when they are about 18 they get a tracker to get the kid back. Wendy is one of those and the most important. Therefor everyone is after her and in the book there is an attack on the tow.

In this book Wendy learns to fall in love and how to fight to her death. Also remember Rhys and Finn? Well lets just say there is a little bit of fighting between those 2, they would do anything to keep Wendy safe. This is a book that is full of suspense and I really enjoyed it. People who like The Hunger Games or Matched would enjoy this book. Its a little confusing at first but every chapter gets better and better. Its not a princess book like you think and its for boys and girls. This book is truly great.

on Dec. 16 2013 at 7:47 am
MadiofMusic GOLD, Hanover, Massachusetts

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

I agree! This is one of my favorite books! I'm so sad I finished the trilogy thought :<I wish it could have lasted.