Marked by P.C. & Kristin Cast | Teen Ink

Marked by P.C. & Kristin Cast

April 20, 2012
By nolanje80 PLATINUM, Kalispell, Montana
nolanje80 PLATINUM, Kalispell, Montana
30 articles 19 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
“When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can hardly breathe”
― John Mayer


This was a great introduction for this series. I loved the intense opening scene when Zoey gets marked, and leaves Will Rogers High school to go to the Tulsa House of Night. She meets her mentor, Neferet, which introduces one of my favorite characters. The authors describe Neferet perfectly, so much so that i wish i had a picture so i could compare the two. Maybe this first book could have done better, but I'm assuming that this was their first book, so i understand that it might not be the best one that they will write. This also introduced readers into the intriguing world of vampyres. In this story, all of the humans know that vampyres exist, but chose not to associate themselves with them. Zoey's step-dad---er, step-loser--- is one of those people. The humans are afraid of vampyres because they aren't very educated about them. If there was one main thing that could be done to really amp up the awesome points for this book, it would be to add classes to the Will Rogers High school program that would be electives, but at least one of them (vamp 101) would be required for all students to take. This class, and all others about vampyres, would be taught by none other than, well, a vampyre. Then, not only would the students be learning about those creatures that they barely understand, the information that they would be learning would be trustworthy and true.


The author's comments:
this is not only my most favorite book in the series, but i believe that it is the best one out of all of them.