The Help-Kathryn Stockett | Teen Ink

The Help-Kathryn Stockett

By wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington

The Help was an absolute page turner I never once could put it down it was extraordinary! This book tells the life of three main characters that you will learn later about how these ladies tell their story of how they were treated during the Civil Rights movement. They each have funny and sad stories in this book takes place in the past as you might notice and grabs you all throughout the book. They’re very true and funny parts in here that I hope you enjoy.
I’m not going to lie I don’t usually read adult books but this was awesome, I am so happy I picked this off the shelf! There are heartbreaking and amusing parts in this book that I hope you take pleasure in.
Now a sad part in this book is when one of the main characters named Abilene she babysits a two year little girl whose story will melt your heart. The little girl’s name is Mae Mobley cool name huh? Well the poor baby when she tries to get her mother’s interest because she gets none from her, her mother slaps her time after time in the book that it seems so real! Now yes that is very heartbreaking but, there is a funny character named Minnie. In this book she gets fired so she figures she should get back at the lady who fired her by giving her a pie, now this pie she put something very malicious in it that you’ll have to read to find out. So the sum of this book is a white lady named Skeeter wants everybody to know how the colored are being treated. So she secretly writes a book without anybody knowing except three main characters who are colored maids who work for white families and, they tell the stories of how they are being treated and what all goes on. The funny lady I told you about named Minnie she during most the book does not feel that comfortable talking about her personal life so when this happens she changes the subject by talking about food yummy! So at last Skeeter the main character writing the book finally gets her book in print and numerous people read her book and it sells out like a new video game at GameStop.
The book has a great ending read to find out. I would highly recommend this book to any of my classmates anybody who enjoys sad, funny or even books about the Civil Rights movement. Okay so you know that saying “if you are only going to read one book in your whole life this is it.” Well that defiantly goes for this book!
As you may have noticed I am in love with this book I have nothing horrible to say about it at all. It is breath taking and exiting it’s a remarkable book for anybody to read!
One of this book’s main ideas is never treat people differently just because they look different because nobody should be left out. Think of it this way next time you want to make fun of somebody put that person in your shoes and think, “hey would I want to be put through something like this?”
So if you end up reading this book I truly think you should watch the movie and compare the two it’s something good to accomplish. This book many has good stories that I hope you enjoy.