Diray of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney | Teen Ink

Diray of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney

February 23, 2012
By wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
40 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy kid Cabin Fever is a book that I would give four stars to. Along with the # 1 bestselling book award. The author of this book, Jeff Kinney is a good author but in this certain book, I do not think he was all that great. He has also made some not so popular other books. In my opinion, Wimpy kid is an ok book. The reason its ok is that it is quite short because half the pages are comic pictures and half are words. Two of the books before this one were made into a movie This book was also made into a movie.
The conflict in this book happens during winter break in a big blizzard, that knock outs power lines and traps Greg’s dad in a hotel for the weekend. There is also a part in the book when Greg and his best friend Rowley, accidently vandalize the school when they hang up posters. Now Greg spends a nerve wreaking Christmas vacation wondering what will happen to him when he gets back into school.
This book is different from other books because in this book there are 2 different things in it. #1 this is a picture book that’s a 5th – 7th grade book. #2 this book contains a not so helpful father, an over protective mother, a bully brother, an average middle school student, and an annoying toddler that doesn’t do anything unless he gets his way.
I would recommend this book to Pre-Teens and young teens. The most intense part of this book is when Greg and Rowley run from the police. This book is a fun book with a twist in it. But it’s short. The lesson is always telling the truth or you might end up in more trouble like Greg.
This book could have been better if they explained the character’s personality more or add more of a problem to the story line. My personal experience in this book is since I did not like it all that much is that I read very little at a time. The books before this one are, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Roderick rules, The Last Straw, Dog Days and The Ugly Truth