Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead | Teen Ink

Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead

By alicabrera SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
alicabrera SILVER, Dexter, Michigan

I could see it now...Rose sprinting as sweat dripped down her back. She gripped her stake, readying herself for her next attacker. She left, 3,5,7, probably more strigoi laying in a pool of blood, staining the pure white snow. In Richelle Mead’s Shadow Kissed, a lot of fierce battles, and emotional heart breaks occur. Thats what makes it so amazing! I am 100% in love with this book.

In a world where vampires exist but humans don’t know, things can get pretty complicated. There are 2 kinds of vampires; the good ones (moroi) and the bad ones (strigoi). The moroi poses powers of the elements;water, earth, fire, and air. The moroi have protectors, called dhampirs, or guardians. Rose is a well trained soon to be guardian at her school. The main part is where strigoi attack. It is a very intense story!

Richelle Mead does an excellent job of drawing the readers in. She offers a large variety of emotional scenes, most of which pretty much everyone can relate too. on the ohter hand, there is a lot of physical voilence, which is thrilling and invigorating. The book has a very fast pace. once you pick up this book, you will never be able to put it down.

With the vampires having just as much craving for love as they do blood, things get tricky. Rose is sleeping/ seeing her mentor, who is 7 years older than her. She is going to someday be the guardian of Lissa Dragomir, a royal moroi, who is the only living Dragomir left living. Rose protects her, well she tries to. no matter what she has a fierce personality, and is not afraid to show it. She fights for what she believes is right, and that is basically the main point of the book.

I have never fallen in love with a book series like I have with this one. Every second I read, I feel like I am Rose. The book really comes to life, and makes you look at yourself differently. To anyone in need of a fantastic read, I highly recommend checking out Shadow Kissed, by Richelle Mead.

Shadow Kissed is my favorite book! For my english class, I had to write a book review, so I choose this one!