Twiligh by Stephanie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twiligh by Stephanie Meyer

November 30, 2011
By Ice_Queen PLATINUM, Peoria, Arizona
Ice_Queen PLATINUM, Peoria, Arizona
49 articles 7 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is anterior to life, posterior to death, initial of creation, and the exponent of breath.
-Emily Dickinson


I'm a fan of books. I read them all the time. I have even had my fair share of trying to come up with books and have been mildly successful as a child. I am currently writing poetry and recently became interested in photography, so I've learned to keep an open mind.
For all the Twilight fans out there, I'm going to tear the book apart. For those of you who don't like the book, like myself, you may agree.
I read vampyre books. But this is not the best written book out there. I find it to be incredibly cliched. A human girl falling in love with an immortal vampyre is NOT an original story. The movie didn't do this cliche any justice. In fact, it enhanced the fact that the book was cliched.
This is Stephanie Meyer's first book/ series, yes? If it's not, then she is not a very good writer, then. It sounds like a first-ever book that was produced. Her publisher must have been bored or something, because it was not very good from a simple written stand-point. I know that it was written for teenagers, but it seems to have been written for someone younger than that, if not for the content of some of the books.
Lastly, I'd like to say that the books were incredibly predictable. There was no single part that I was wondering what was going to happen next. I knew exactly what was coming every single time. And the Bella character was incredibly contrived. Her personality wasn't there and she isn't likable. Her bratty, "Oh my god, I'm going to die because my boyfriend left me" is also incredibly predictable, if not also boring and ridiculous.
Within the first ten to twenty pages of each book, I could tell you what was going to happen throughout the rest of the book because of the predictability.
I think I have made my point to those of you that are Twilight fans, or even those of you that are in love with the ever-living vampyre Edward (girly man that glitters) or have joined the Jacob (AKA DOG) Team. I refuse to be a part of the ridiculousness that is known as the best book so far.


The author's comments:
Twilight: Yeah, I wish that REALLY didn't happen. What a waist of two weeks of my life that could have been spent reading something better, like the Forgotten Realms?