No Place Like Home by Mary H. Clark | Teen Ink

No Place Like Home by Mary H. Clark

If you want to read a book that will keep your heart turning with every flip of the page, then the book No Place Like Home is for you. This is the story of one women who is trying to keep her past secret for the sake of her family, and while doing so, is put in danger. Mary H. Clark puts the setting of this book in modern day California, where the story is told through the eyes of Celia, the main character.

The story focuses mainly on Celia whose past is only known by her late husband who on his death bed made her promise not to tell anyone who she truly was, the little girl that had killed her mother. He made her keep this promise for the sake of their young son. While trying to keep this secret from everyone, she finds that someone, somehow, knows who she truly is, and is terrorizing her, so that everyone will soon know.

Through the obstacles that she faces in the story, Celia is able to stay strong with the help of the most important person in her life, her son. With his help she finds the courage to protect them from the people that are trying to reveal her secret.

This was a great book and I would recommend it to everyone. It is packed with intense events, and is very easy to follow. You will never want to put it down.