Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott | Teen Ink

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

By _KTLS_ PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania
_KTLS_ PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania

“Once upon a time, I did not live in Shady Pines. Once upon a time, my name was not Alice. Once upon a time, I didn’t know how lucky I was.”

Alice has been Alice for five years, but before that she was just a normal girl with normal parents living a normal life. Then she met Ray. He took her from the aquarium, and her normal life was turned into a living nightmare. Now she waits each day for him to finally tire of her and put her out of her misery. She is a living girl waiting for death. She is a dead girl who is forced to live. Alice is a living dead girl, and being a dead dead girl can’t come fast enough.

Living Dead Girl examines the mind of a girl who has been kidnapped and scared into submitting to her abductor’s every want, even if his want is the body of a child. This book is something that will probably stick with me for the rest of my life, and I will forever be on the look-out for girls who look and act like Alice in real life. Living Dead Girl shows its readers that abductees can be hiding in plain sight, but if no one’s willing to ask about the too-skinny girl down the way and why she never seems to talk to anyone, she’ll remain an abductee for the rest of her miserable life. Despite the simplistic way the text is written, this book is meant for mature audiences only – definitely not for anyone below ninth grade. I recommend this book, but not if you’re looking for a simple book with a simple ending. Even though this is a quick read, you’ll be thinking about it for days after you’ve finished it.

I GIVE THIS BOOK FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS

I've been reviewing books as I read them, and this is the latest book that I have read. This book is full of adult themes and is for mature audiences only. It's a quick, easy read, but it'll stick with you for the rest of your life.