After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick | Teen Ink

After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick

By Kimi Camara BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Kimi Camara BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

After Ever After, by Jordan Sonnenblick is a realistic fiction book about a kid named Jeffery who is in 8th grade. Jeffery has a best friend named Thaddeus, Tad for short, and a girlfriend named Lindsey. Tad is patient that recovered from leukemia just like Jeffery. Tad is in a wheelchair. Unfortunately, he gets leukemia again, that is very rare. Jeffery has all these problems: with his girlfriend, his best friend Tad, and the statewide test, (which by the way, he has to pass in order for him to pass 8th grade) his older brother Steven who has left the country and gone to Africa to become a drummer. You will have to read the book to find out what happens next.

I think that Sonnenblick’s style is realistic because all of this could happen to a regular 8th grade boy. What I like about this book is that it pretty much tells you what you will be running into in 8th grade and i like that very much. Another reason I like this book is because I could picture everything happening in my head. What made me keep reading was how good the chapters were; they just kept on pulling me in so that I wouldn’t want to stop reading. The chapter ending were like cliffhangers.

I honestly love this book. I recommend it to 7th and 8th graders. I also recommend it to teachers and counselors. It’s a great read and I enjoyed it very much.