I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore | Teen Ink

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

December 10, 2010
By ReviewerRachel BRONZE, San Fran, California
ReviewerRachel BRONZE, San Fran, California
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

A Planet called Lorien was destroyed by a race called the Mogadorians. It was a fast attack, but luckily they already had a plan to preserve their race. They put nine children and their guardians on a shuttle and sent them to earth. There, they would wait until Lorien was safe to reclaim and inhabit. But shortly after they arrived on earth, they discovered that the Mogadorians were not satisfied hunting down the last of the Loriens, they were after earth too. In order to protect the nine, the elders of Lorien cast a charm on them, the only way they could be killed, was if they were killed in order. All of them were assigned a number.
Number one, two, and three were killed. This is the story of Number Four.

Well, I must say, this was a fantastic tale. Usually the whole ‘alien’ concept really doesn’t do well. This one was conducted perfectly (way better than James Patterson’s ‘Daniel X.’) It didn’t feel weird at all. In fact, it was sort of a superman story. As a side note, I would like to add that this book almost made me cry a record of three times (which books never make me do.) It would have probably made my top ten list if it hadn’t been for the HUGE negative. It has at least one cuss word on every page. This book is four hundred and forty pages long. That is quite a bit of language. I’m not sure if I would overly recommend it. I suppose it depends on what your entertainment criteria’s are. Nevertheless I will continue reading the series. It was truly an intriguing story. (Steven Speilberg is making this a movie, read it before you see it! It will be in theaters everywere February 18, 2011)


The author's comments:
I am Reviewer Rachel and this is one of my holiday recommendations, to check out more of my Recommends, go to my website http://www.rachelsbookreviews.com/