The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls | Teen Ink

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls MAG

If you’re looking for a heartwarming book that will make you count your blessings, then Jeannette Walls’ memoir is perfect.

Walls was raised by parents whose unconventional lifestyle provided not only all sorts of dilemmas for their family, but adventures too. Her parents, Rex and Rose Mary, were constantly moving from one place to another. Though they were both adored by their children, they often neglected their parental responsibilities. Rose Mary was a free-spirited woman who believed that children should live without rules, while her spouse, Rex, was a struggling alcoholic who could barely support his family.

Throughout the hardships of her childhood, Walls’ loving personality was consistent. Even when her father was having one of his alcohol-induced rampages, Walls still had the astonishing ability to see him as the brilliant father whom she loved.

The Glass Castle is a timeless book that leaves you with a marvelous sense of appreciation and will stick with you always.

on Jan. 18 2010 at 8:21 am
yeah this is a very good book and it is every where anyone goes and i hop this helps your daughter

fer said...
on Apr. 29 2009 at 10:57 pm
can anyone give me an "world wide review", my teenage daughter chose this as a class project as she was intrigued by the book; however, her teacher says it must have world wide attention in order to qualify for her project; she graduates in 16 days and i will be so glad to say bye bye to this hoorah; thanks to whom ever takes the time to respond jennefer

brandy said...
on Aug. 15 2008 at 6:13 am
This was a solid review. I too loved the book, and I think you described it perfectly :)