Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass | Teen Ink

Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass

By maddie912xx BRONZE, Wrentham, Massachusetts
maddie912xx BRONZE, Wrentham, Massachusetts

Every Soul a Star
By: Wendy Mass

Every Soul a Star. Sounds like a pretty cliché title, doesn't it? Wendy Mass's Every Soul a Star is everything but cliché. This adventurous book takes you into the three unique and incredibly different lives of nature-loving Ally, preppy and popular Bree, and shy, lonely Jack. When Bree finds out that her family is moving from the city to a middle-of-nowhere lame campground, she is devastated. All her dreams of becoming a model and makeup artist are crushed, not to mention leaving her best friend, Claire. Jack is a lonesome, friendless boy who spends his time sketching aliens and hiding in his tree house. His science teacher, Mr. Silver, offers him a once in a lifetime chance to go to a campsite in the middle of the woods, for two weeks, and witness a spectacular eclipse. Jack is sure that Mr. Silver has got the wrong guy. His grades are not very good, and neither is his liking for school in general. What catches Jack's attention, however, is that he can go on this eclipse tour instead of summer school! Ally, short for Alpha, is the smart, nature loving, outdoorsy girl who loves to get her hands dirty. When she suddenly finds out that her family is moving out of the campground into the city, she's overwhelmed with shock, fear, and sorrow. The Moon Shadow Campground is where she grew up and all she knows. She can't leave now, right after the eclipse! When Bree, Jack, and Ally are all finally joined at the Moon Shadow, they're instantly friends, but are determined to find a way to get Ally and Bree's parents to change their minds about moving. Will it work, and will everyone be happy again?

Every Soul a Star is an easy read, perfect for someone who seeks a superior story about friendship, overcoming fears, and finding out who you really are. This realistic fiction book is 322 pages of chapters switching perspectives from Ally, to Bree, then Jack. This book definitely deserves a 10/10. The thought-provoking plot is sculpted with cleverness, and each chapter leaves you hanging, forcing readers to continue on. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves an easy read filled with brilliant characters that will leave readers in awe. I hate to say it, but every soul is truly a star in Wendy Mass's amazing tale, Every Soul a Star.

Mollie17 said...
on Mar. 29 2013 at 10:08 am
Will there be a movie?? I thought this was a great book!

claire2706 said...
on Aug. 30 2011 at 8:34 pm

on Mar. 20 2010 at 4:34 pm
I really hope this book becomes a movie too, and soon, I would love to be in it as well, that'd be awesome! I got this book from the book Fair at my school.

butterfly 13 said...
on Jan. 12 2010 at 11:19 am
will there be a movie fo every soul a star because iam looking forward to it. hope so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)