Twilight Saga by Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight Saga by Meyer

October 9, 2009
By Lizzy12 GOLD, Palmyra, New York
Lizzy12 GOLD, Palmyra, New York
13 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
<No one can make you feel inferior without your consent> Elenor Roosevelt


As a has-been fan I must say my first opinion of twilight was very optimistic. I was obsessed. I kept the book on my bedside and read it like my bible however in the last two years my opinion of the books has decreased. I loved the fact that it portrayed a new kinds of vampires with gifts and talents all there own. Recently my opinion has come to a somewhat dislike of the books. The last few years with the vampire phase in style I have read numerous Vamp books. Each one unique and yet still familiar to my old favorite, Twilight. With the fad of Twilight being so popular and everyone reading it the book was no longer appealing to me. Twilight is a book of sexism and drama.
Edward swoops in to save Bella at every moment and although at the end of Breaking Dawn she saves the day in the mental battle the books in general are very male-dominant. Edward, the man of no emotion and mellow attitude is somehow portrayed as “Absolutely Gorgeous” and the man of any women’s dreams. Not only does my dislike for Edward have an influence on my opinion of the book but so does Breaking Dawns ending.

Breaking Dawn has a repulsive ending that involves a mental battle for Bella and calm discussing between the Cullens and Volutri. The readers wanted blood, guts, death and grief not some happy dream land so they could end the book happily ever after. Meyers desire to earn money is what fueled these books not her “love for the characters.”


The author's comments:
I do not mean to offend just merely share my opinion.