The Future Of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler | Teen Ink

The Future Of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler

By yunus-hussaini BRONZE, Sacramento, California
yunus-hussaini BRONZE, Sacramento, California

'' What is real will prosper''- Jahseh Onfroy

The future of us is about a high school girl named Emma and her getting a first ever computer and her finding strange things about her future self and her best friend Josh.  This takes place back in the 90’s where computers and most technologies are brand new and never seen before. However Emma’s computer is not like any regular computer this one can tell your destiny, and for Emma there will be lots to change.

Emma and Josh are really good best friends at least they used to be. Josh and Emma grew up with each other and did everything together, but josh wanted to be more than just friends and leaned towards a kiss that Emma was not expecting and rejected the kiss. Ever since that day their relationship has been awkward and not the same. But this whole computer situation binds them together once more but as real friends this time, even though Josh thinks the computer site is just a big prank and unreal until the computer writes about Josh’s future too.

I thought this book was one of the most suspenseful and addictive books i've read before. I don’t usually read mystery type books but i was interested in reading The future of us, because it had relations with the things i am interested in like tech. it was nice to know how it felt back in the 90’s and seeing all of the different emotions that Emma went through that other teenagers wouldnt experience or know about, so I gave it a chance and I don't regret it at all.

this is my honest feelings towards this book.