Tupac Shakur: Life and Times of an American Icon | Teen Ink

Tupac Shakur: Life and Times of an American Icon

By MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California
MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah Winfrey

Known for his success in Hip-Hop scene the iconic and poetic, prolific rapper named Tupac Amaru  Shakur grew up in the streets of New York and becoming one of the most successful rappers who dominated  in Hip-Hop in the 90’s. Since his unexpected death in 1996 rapper Tupac Shakur has been memorialized in wide range of books and documentaries but few are as critically researched and contextualized as this recent biography from author McQuillar. Tayannah gives a clean visual in terms of explaining the experiences Tupac went through his life and career,not only that but I could relate to some of the things he faced and the challenges and failures it really makes you appreciate the things and resources you have,and people around you.

Tupac Shakur son of a former black panther Afeni Shakur and her political background, lived in the projects did not  have it easy living with just his mom and sister moving places to places due to Afeni’s drug addiction. But that did not stop Tupac from getting double platinum on his “Me Against The World” and debuting N.1 at billboards while being imprisoned falsely for allegedly raping a woman. For casual fans with no prior exposure to Tupac’s life, this biography tells thoroughly informative aspects that cover all of tupac’s friends and working with other known rappers back then. His story tells us that no matter where you come from or background , you can still be successful, Tupac is exceptional because of his activism his death ended an era when american rappers used their art to speak the truth to the government and those in power

Tupac Amaru Shakur, also known by his stage names 2Pac and Makaveli, was an American rapper and actor. He is considered by many to be one of the greatest hip hop artists of all time.