Book Review Of Night | Teen Ink

Book Review Of Night

By charlie_is_cool BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
charlie_is_cool BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

Books like Elie Wiesel's Night really help our youth, the reason why I say this is because it reels you in by showing you a invigorating bone chilling story that you may not think is true, spoiler it is true. Do you like intense books? The book I am going to be reviewing today is Night because it is a quick read but uses an exquisite vocabulary that really helps you understand the pain and hardship the Jewish people of their day had to go through. The main character is Elie and he is a Jewish kid who has to survive during the times the Nazis are conquering.

Elie has a really caring soul but is so confused because of the way he is treated and is confused why his family is helping one of Elies friends when the Nazis were moving them to the ghetto, I don't mean confused because elie is mean and is cold blooded i mean because he doesn't know why he needs to help them because he is unaware of the situation. The reason why I say he is confused is because he gets scared from all the screaming and torture which is why I say he is unaware of the situation at the time.

This book 110% shows fear but the way the book does it is mind blowing. This point is going to correlate with confusion because with fear comes confusion. The main character shows a boat load of fear but a good example is one that I just used which is when his parents were helping another family and Elie was scared because his parents just told him to practically act normal while he doesn't know what is going on.

This book shows good morals even during the time they are dealing with. The genre is biography which really opens your eyes about how horrible other humans can be, in my opinions you can’t even call Nazis humans. In my opinion the most morals that pop out in this book are love and friendship because Elie and his dad have a really strong bond.

The flow of this book is really smooth. It has a lot of unexpected turns which will hook you and this book hooked me. It is a very quick read and is an amazing book.

The way I felt and you probably will to. Is a little sad but happy because the main character keeps pushing on and on. The reason why this book is sad is because of loss and mental torture because he's watching people he knows and love  dies and there is literally nothing he can do. A example is when someone he cares about gets into a sticky situation, so the main character goes out of his way to keep tending to this situation. This scene made me want to finish the book and I did. As you probably know 

food was very hard in concentration camps in places like that so you could really feel for the character’s struggle.

One reason why this book is so well written is because of the sense of realism. The reason I say this is because the writer makes you feel like you are in the book. It really engages you. The reason why the writer is really good at doing this is because this is a autobiography, the writer is so good that he makes it feel like a fiction book. An example is a part in this book when the main character goes on a train to go somewhere and his father is having a hard time.This book shows some really good describing details that make you picture the scene. I think this book has a perfect sense of history and really makes you want to read more.

This is one of my best book reviews and i would love if you liked this. This peice really pitches my veiws on this book.