The Water Boy | Teen Ink

The Water Boy

By IsaacMiler BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
IsaacMiler BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The written title “The Water Boy,” written by Maddie Katarsky, talks about how Flynn wanted to play basketball, but instead he was the water boy. Her writing left me feeling great because it includes all of the details that goes with each supporting text. I agree to this article because all of the quotes are being supporting with details. I can relate that when I wanted to play basketball in 7th grade I then turned into the water boy. I understand on how when the kid said, “I don’t want to be in the Yellow standard of reading books, when I can be in the Junior High-level reading standard.” I was surprised that the kid wasn’t playing because the really liked the kid’s mom and the coach said to the kid, “Me and your mom went to prom together and said, “Fine Girl.” This story is very similar to my life because I was a water boy and so was the kid. This story is written well. The arguments are strong because of how the author describes about the main points in the story. I am not confused about anything because the author puts the details and examples in order oh how they are throughout the story.