U.S. Cellular Phones and Customer Service | Teen Ink

U.S. Cellular Phones and Customer Service

By lbiggs2451 SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
lbiggs2451 SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin

You have always given your customers the best deals in means of contract, phone, and effort in service. Your hard work is deeply recognized by various customers. My parents have been with U.S. Cellular since the 90s! Now that I am a young adult, I have also chosen to stay with U.S. Cellular for phone services. I am writing this letter in regards to a situation to a situation that took place three months ago. I am writing to advocate for compensation for the situation I experienced.

It was a Friday, and I had plans to out of town for a family reunion. I had swapped my old Samsung for the newer Samsung Stride just about a month ago. The Stride was great until it began to have a meltdown. I have never dropped my phone, got it wet, or let it go without being charged. I also made sure to power down the phone at least once a day because I was told that phones are like mini computers that need a break. However, my phone began to randomly freeze and give me non-stop problems. I would have to take the battery out and turn the phone back on repeatedly.

Even after this, the Stride would freeze after being powered up time and time again. I went to a U.S. Cellular store located in Delafield. There I asked a service technician to take a look. He asked me a series of questions such as: “Have you ever dropped the phone? Has the phone gotten wet? Has the phone been powered down and restarted? Have you charged your phone lately?”

I answered no to all but the last two questions.

Mr. Malinowski , a service technician at the Delafield location, re-questioned me about powering off my phone and charging it as though I was a child and lying to him. After that interaction, I transferred into a different phone handed down by my father. Now I have to pay extra for internet service because of the Samsung Stride dilemma. I am asking there be compensation for the way I was mistreated and for these random phone problems.

U.S. Cellular’s “About us/ Business Model” stated as an organization, “We believe pride and respect aren’t just words, they’re words to live by” and… “We’re guided by our core values of customer focus, respect for associated, ethics, pride, empowerment, and diversity.” Clearly these beliefs and core values were broken the day the service technician gave me another problem besides my phone.

Please feel free to contact me using the address on top of this letter. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I hope you take my concern into consideration.

Sincerely,

Lauren