My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

By TylerN GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
TylerN GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

My name is based on a book. One day my grandma was in town from Florida for a few weeks so she could be here when I was born. She was shopping at a grocery store when she bumped into a shelf by accident. A children's book fell off the shelf and opened to a page and on the page said “TYLER”. She told my parents and they knew it was a sign.  

Tyler looks like the color blue. like a clear bluish waterfall in a tropical place in Mexico. Tyler sounds like the waves hitting the shore at a tropical beach. Looks like a tall slightly bent palm tree with the perfect amount of coconuts on it. Tyler smells like the scent of tropical saltwater with a little smell of good steak and cruise ship fuel in the background. 

Although I do like my name, I'm not going to name any of my children Tyler .I think it's sort of strange to have multiple generations of the same name. The little things about my name are very pleasant. like the sound coming out of someone's mouth saying it and the smell you imagine while thinking about it. But , when I give my children their own names they will make the best of them too. 

I like my name I like the story behind it and the calmness about it. how it corresponds to my personality. I like happiness and being stress free. 

This is my first piece in this class so better ones will come.