Denny's Restaurant Review | Teen Ink

Denny's Restaurant Review

By 1carpenter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1carpenter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

It’s 1 a.m. and you are starved, but the food in your house just won’t satisfy you and every other restaurant is closed, what do you do? Denny's is an American table service diner-style restaurant chain that is open 24 hours and has over 1,600 restaurants worldwide. Denny’s has a variety of food options, from breakfast foods to fancy dinner foods, whatever you’re craving, Denny’s is the place for you. The family friendly vibe will leave you comfortable along with savory food that will leave you happy, and it all comes at an affordable price for everyone. 

The restaurant has simply any type of food, and that is something I admire about the restaurant. They provide you a breakfast menu, a lunch/dinner menu, a special offer menu, a kids’ menu, and a dessert menu. From personal experience, I love this variety because there is plenty of food to fulfill my satisfaction and craving desires. For instance, I recall one Tuesday night in the summer my friends and I were bored out of our minds. We’ve come to the conclusion that we could all go for some food, but what restaurant would be open at 11 p.m. on a Tuesday night? Denny’s, of course, is open 24 hours which makes it convenient to get food whenever you are hungry regardless of the time of day. 

I’ve visited Denny’s multiple times and have tried variations of food off of their menus. My very first time going to Denny’s was with my friends after Summerfest. We were all worn out from dancing and walking around the grounds, it was 12:00 a.m., and all we wanted was some delicious food. Denny’s was close by to our bus stop, so we decided to go there for some late-night snacking. Luckily, Denny’s had chicken tenders and value baskets to add whatever side I wanted or to double up the number of chicken tenders. Their chicken tenders were crisp and had a nice, crunchy taste to them. At previous restaurants, I’ve ordered chicken tenders that have been undercooked with a gross, slimy feel to them. Denny’s made my chicken tenders perfectly with the right amount of crisp along with juiciness. 

My friend ordered food off of the special offers menu, which I ended up ordering another time I went. . She got an unlimited buttermilk pancake order for only $4.00. They were fluffy and the maple syrup they had provided just made the sweet buttermilk pancakes ten times better. That is something I love about Denny’s; regardless of the time of day, they can easily fulfill any food you want at any time. We ended up sharing three servings of the pancake special until we were stuffed. Every serving, the pancakes were warm and fluffy; we both were impressed and our cravings were satisfied. 

Although, there are still areas of improvement that Denny’s needs to work on to help their business. Besides the fact that their food is amazing, their service definitely affects their reputation and for any first timers at the restaurant. When I went to the Denny’sin Waukesha, there were only 4 people working which caused hosts and servers to be delayed and always in a hustle. When I needed a refill for water, it would take a decent amount of time for the server to realize I needed a refill which got on my nerves a bit. The serves aren’t the most considerate, but I tried having empathy for them as they were extremely understaffed. Yet it does take quite a bit to get service and receive your food, I would definitely say it’s worth the wait. 

Anyone who is frugal with their money would appreciate Denny’s because of the cheap cost. For example, a regular cheeseburger with fries and a drink can be as cheap as $8.00, which is not common for great quality food. Comparing this price to a high-quality burger at another restaurant, a regular burger could possibly be $14.00, even without a side included. The affordable prices at Denny’s offers all people to eat quality food regardless of their wealth and budget. 

To conclude, Denny’s has a variety of food options along with affordable meals for anyone to enjoy. Although, anyone who would decide to try the restaurant out would want to keep in mind the service is not top notch, but it is definitely worth the wait for the delicious food. Stop in at your local Denny’s and see what it’s all about today!