Heartbroken | Teen Ink

Heartbroken

By hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

“God, of your goodness, give me yourself; you are enough for me, and anything less that I could ask for would not do you full honour. And if I ask anything that is less, I shall always lack something, but in you alone I have everything”

Her heart trembles with sadness,
As they pull the strings of her heart out one by one,
Unraveling her very soul,
Her veins pulse with the agony of grief,
Eyes sting in protest,
Trying not to let the tears cascade down her face,
Her lips quiver,
Teeth sink in,
All in attempt to hold back,
One slip is all it takes,
Her breathing falters,
Coming in short gasps,
All in a wave,
Her emotions break free,
Her tears fall like raindrops after a dead spell,
They roll down the slopes and hills of her smooth face,
Splattering on the floor,
She stands gasping for air,
Grieving with love,
Dying for understanding.

on Nov. 14 2009 at 1:38 pm
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
anytime! <3

on Nov. 12 2009 at 9:31 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

thanks so much!!!!

on Nov. 12 2009 at 5:05 pm
i think this is one of your best it is my favorite i can just picture it in my head it is beautiful work

on Oct. 14 2009 at 6:10 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

YOUR FAVORITE? thanks so much everyone. If you want updates on my writings, follow my twitter:)

on Oct. 14 2009 at 2:18 pm
LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

this is still my favorite. :)

on Jun. 22 2009 at 10:36 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

thanks!

on Jun. 21 2009 at 5:36 pm

in a book!? thats even BETTER! congrats! =)

on Jun. 18 2009 at 8:01 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

thanks windswift. No, sallyloco, it hasnt been featured on teenink. I wish it would:) But it is being published in a book, so thats good!!!!! Thanks for the comments!

on Jun. 16 2009 at 2:39 am

I read it again! YAY ME! Did this one make top voted before? It should have if it didn't it's really good!

on Jun. 15 2009 at 3:59 pm
windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.

i liked this poem alot, it describes the uncertanty of love and how it can effect anyone. i also liked how it described that when her heart had been broken she didnt want to let the emotions come forth, but couldnt hold them back. it drew my attention to the meaning and the poem itself. i give it a five.

on Jun. 14 2009 at 5:56 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

wow im glad you love it so much lol

This one is being published, but not my fav. Oh well!

thanks for commenting!!!

on Jun. 11 2009 at 2:39 pm

i just felt like reading it again. I love this poem... =)

on Jun. 8 2009 at 5:10 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

haha thanks sallyloco. Im glad you could feel the emotion. Thanks for commenting!!!:)

on Jun. 5 2009 at 7:05 pm

O.O this was very deep I just about cried. I was leaning in the seat like "woah" lolz.

on Jun. 2 2009 at 10:03 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

okay Ian, ill try some stuff. Thanks Rachel!!! Love you!!! lol

Ian_S. said...
on Jun. 1 2009 at 1:38 am
Hey, I'll look for you in the creative communications book! I'm not sure how we can talk cause teen ink restricts people from giving out personal info

on May. 29 2009 at 10:06 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

oops Dalya D is now Golden D! Either way, thanks for commenting on ALL of my work!!! :)

Ian_S. GOLD said...
on May. 29 2009 at 8:16 pm
Ian_S. GOLD, Chappaqua, New York
Hey, I'll look for your poem in Creative Communications! I really haven't been published any where. I did win a Gold Key Regional Scholastic prize for "The Orchard of Hope". I'm not sure how I can email you...Go to my "About Me" section. I think I found a way.

on May. 29 2009 at 3:29 am
rachelfrk SILVER, Conroe, Texas
This one is also amazing. It is going in our yearbook! EXCITING (:

on May. 27 2009 at 9:51 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

Thanks Dalya D! I tried to capture all the sad emotions in this poem. its universal because im sure we all have felt this way. Im really glad u like it!!! thanks!