Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other

It was a dark and stormy night, and I was running – more like stumbling – through the dark, muddy forest. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t find my voice. I wanted to take a rest, but I couldn’t bring myself to stop. If I did, I would probably die.
There was something – something unnatural – following me. Chasing me, really.
I wanted to wake up from this nightmare, to be able to say to myself ‘It was just a bad dream’, but I knew that wouldn’t happen. This was real. There was no way of denying it.
Then, suddenly, I fell. My body hit the ground with a soft thud.
I couldn’t get up. My legs were aching.
I finally managed to sit up.
Then, I felt a cold, bony hand on my shoulder. “Hello, Claire.” It said. I turned around to see a man, about my age – 17 – with pale skin, and…uh oh. Are those... uh oh. Fangs.
Fangs!
I tried to run, but the vampire had me pinned in seconds. I knew what was coming next.
Then it happened. Two sharp, painful, pricks in my neck.
Oh my god. This can’t be happening to me. No! No!
Beep! Beep! Beep!
I woke up, startled. It was just a dream. I was relived.
I went over to look in my mirror, and I saw two red marks on my neck, where the vampire bit me in my dream.
I stared at the cuts in the mirror, rubbing my fingers against them, for about 2 minutes.
Maybe it wasn’t a dream. Could it of been real? It felt real as it was happening. Do vampires really exist? Shouldn’t I be one, now that I’ve been bitten?
I decided to look into it. You know, do some research.
“Claire! Come here! There’s someone at the door for you!” my mom yelled.
I guess my research will have to wait.
I quickly put on some jeans and a turtle neck sweater, tied my red hair up in a ponytail, and hurried down the stairs.
I stopped when I saw him, sitting at my dining room table. The vampire from my dream. Or last night. Or whatever it was.
He smiled at me.
“Hello, Claire. We meet again.”
Then all went black.

This is a re-write of one of my other articles - The Thing

JessC SILVER said...
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
well, i re-wrote this, so yew should deffinitly sheck that out, and i wrote a couple more pages, but Im not finished the next post. but ill post it wen i am done. and thanx for the advice, everyone. i can deffinitly use it if Im ever stuck.

Kathryn2010 said...
on Aug. 5 2009 at 12:47 am
This is good and you should definitely write more! i know you said that you didn't know how to continue, but maybe if you try answering obvious questions the reader would ask. Like does he take her? Is she a vampire now? What does he want from her?

JessC SILVER said...
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
sure**

JessC SILVER said...
on Jul. 13 2009 at 3:25 am
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
I'l try and write more. but like I said, I'm not suew how to continue it. I guess I could try something, tho. I have a few ideas. I'll try them all, and then maybe post chapter one!

on Jun. 13 2009 at 12:25 am
Corinne Anthony BRONZE, Batavia, Illinois
i really like it good work! write more

JessC SILVER said...
on May. 22 2009 at 2:29 am
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
thnx. I'm not sure how to continue it, tho.

And I'd luv to read some of yewr work.

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

Okay, I absolutely LOVE this. I love vampire fiction, i write some myself! I LOVE THIS STORY!!! I love how you like to confuse readers. Like when he was there. You should write more. It's really good!

JessC SILVER said...
on May. 19 2009 at 12:47 am
JessC SILVER, Waterloo, Other
plz comment. thnx