We Fly Away | Teen Ink

We Fly Away

By RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

I grew up in the dark

seperated from the light

It has left an evil mark

an image I try to fight

I'd sit out in the rain

shedding all of my tears

Feeling all of the pain

wishing for no more fears

I grew wings and flew

soaring through night and day

All to stand beside you

all to hear you say

Come to me, hurry

let me catch those tears

You've got no need to worry

there's no more fears

I am here, you're not alone

we can soar through night and day

My how our wings have grown

and now lets fly away.

My girlfriend and I just had a horrible break up. I caught her cheating on me. Which makes me all to think about love. We are all searching for someone to live life with, but we are forgetting the big picture. Who are we going to die with? That's the question. Everyone looks for the person to experience happiness with. Why not the pain and sorrow? I want life and death in someone. Not pure light and not pitch dark. The perfect balance to where life is worth living and death is just another stage. That's the sky I wish to fly in.

on Jul. 19 2015 at 12:47 am
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

Hey. I haven't been around and I can't find that email. You should send me another please. Thank you. I'll look for it better with my eyes wide open O_O. :)

on Apr. 15 2015 at 4:06 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Well, you may not look for saving people's lives but you surely have a great role in it. You just don't realize it. Cause somehow making them see the truth is the biggest part in saving someone's life. And exactly, people get so busy looking for crazy desperate love while all they need to remember is the real meaning of "love" it's not just a four letter word. It is the word that is keeping the world in track and the nations united. Despite all the bad happening, I believe that thanks to love we're still standing. It's somehow what gives us that human touch deep down. So you see people?! Love isn't just that crazy Romeo and Juliette love, it's something way bigger and deeper in meaning. That's how I see it with eyes Wide Open like these O_O lol :P By the way, I sent you back an email about 5 days ago, sorry it took so long o_O Thanks anayway for all the support Ryan. Keep writing and especially live every poem you write.

on Mar. 8 2015 at 9:11 pm
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I emailed you back. Exactly though! People get so caught up in the "grandness" of "love" they forget the purpose of it. Either way though, I'm gonna enjoy life. It's too short to let the world get you down. When life gives you lemons make lemonade... well, I also say save the seeds so when the world stops giving them out, you still have some lemons. :) I'm not looking to save people's lives. I'm trying to get therm to realize the truth in themselves and for them to save themselves.

on Feb. 24 2015 at 2:21 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

This is so beautiful, sad but really poetic. It's not a surprise for I know you have a great talent Ryan you always find the right words to let us dive into your poem and feel everything. Though the break up and cheating is quiet relatable for me, I don't want to talk about your poem on this side. I would rather talk about what you mentioned on the author's comment. I surely agree with you. We tend to get so busy looking for love and happiness, for the perfect story to tell to our grand children. While in fact there's no perfect story. There's only the real story. No one is perfect, life itself isn't a lovestory movie. To survive through the struggles of this mysterious life, there are those who woud stand beside us through it all, the hurt as through the comfort. What I've learnt from life is that there's no need to let the bad get to you so deeply (as you said) but try to live it fully, take whatever gives us and appreciate every single moment we get to realize that we're happy. Know that nothing lasts in this life so just enjoy it and take it all, take what you get. I hope it makes sense to you ^_^ sorry if I talked to much :P Great job once again Please keep it up, you have so much to say Ryan and you can save lots of lives with those kind words of yours just like you did with me ^_^ Thank you for sharing this. By the way, I sent you an email recently it took me really long I know, but it's better late than never lol :P I see that you still have eyes like thes O_O that's good keep it up lol :P

on Jan. 27 2015 at 11:38 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

True, lol. Very true. Haha, I probably will take the advice because that is true there is seemingly a lot more bad than good in life. And true. What are friends for after all. Thank you. :)

on Jan. 26 2015 at 8:32 pm
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

Well. I want to be there for you. What are friends for after all? :) everyone has a strange way of talking, you just have to figure out what's strange about it. lol There'll be a lot more bad then good in life. So take the advice and smile. XP

on Jan. 26 2015 at 6:11 pm

Thanks, I guess? Not a lot of people want to be there for me, so forgive me if I talk strangely through my words, lol. Thanks, though. That means a lot. And your advice of not letting the bad things get you? You sound like a friend of mine, who gave me the same advice that I need to use.

on Jan. 25 2015 at 10:09 pm
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

Thank you. I'm honored to know you as well. even though I don't. lol I'd like to get to know you though. you've been following my work and I greatly appreciate it. I'd like to be there for you so it's not only the poems that help you. I'd like to help you if I can. Like be the friend you can confide in. No judgement and no worries. Cheating is cheating, I'll survive. Don't let the bad things in life get to you.

on Jan. 25 2015 at 1:54 am

As always, it's absolutely beautiful and filled with honesty and feeling and descriptiveness that I can rather connect too, in different ways. I don't know how explain except that I love it and I think it's phenomenal with a balance of light and darkness and strength and sadness and hope. If all that makes sense. Forgive me, if I don't make sense. It's rather late here, and I'm in a rather sad, stressful and mad mood which is a bad excuse. But when I read your poem, it made me feel a whole lot better. You're a good and talented and great person and writer. I'm sorry you caught your girlfriend cheating on you. You don't deserve that, you really are a good person that I'm honored that I know you even we don't know each other. Thank you for sharing this for it made me feel a bit better. :)