O Math | Teen Ink

O Math

By Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Letters, numbers, shapes of all kinds

Always a problem for me to solve

How I hate you more than window blinds

Please fall into a pit of acid and dissolve

When I am with you, my brain hurts

I see you everywhere I turn

Jokes about you even on shirts!

I want to buy them and let them burn

Too much hurt you have caused me

This cannot go on, it has to end!

Its over, we’re done, I’m not even sorry

Each of your problems a carend

Solve your own problems, as they say

You have caused me too much dismay

My friend said I couldn't write a sonnet about math...So I did :)

(I'm sorry to any math lovers out there)

Thanks, MT :) ~OLAY!~

RedneckRebel BRONZE, Hinesville, Georgia

Never quit

Good poem  

I love the way you talk about math. Its so much better than the sour way I discribe it lol. I wish I could share your passion and understanding for it, it really amazes me! I always wanted to be better at math but with my SSS (I posted a poem discribing what that is) its always been the hardest subject for me. Thanks for the comment though, darlin :)

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

I gotta say sweetie that I'm a mathematical high school girl :P people always tend to be so afraid and hesitating when hearing the word "Maths" well just so you'd know what i think: math for me isn't just numbers, shapes and symbols. Math represents life in so many ways. Math for me is life with no limits, i can dive into it and just get lost wherever i want, space, earth or whatever. Math for me is a way to satisfy myself from the things i couldn't reach in life. When solving a problem, i feel like i made a change (no matter how small) a little change in the world's chaine reaction. Cuz no matter where we are, we're all connected at some point. So that's how i feel about math, i hope it makes sense ^_^ Sorry if i was too long lol. Other than that i think you did a great job describing how you feel about it. I love the detail use. It kind of mathically poetic lol haha :P Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing this, I would definitely give it 5 stars cuz you worked hard on the poem ^_^

Thanks EmmyD! :)

Thanks friend :)

Cloeclia said...
Cloeclia, Pickens, South Carolina

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

Loved the sonnet! I really like your writing style P.P

on Sep. 7 2014 at 10:59 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Haha, oh geez luis. I found this funny. The haha funny kind, not the weird funny kind. I love it. It;s amazing. You did it! And congarts on being able to do it. ^_^ You can always do it, if you believe. Thank you for sharing this! And also, I'm a fan of math but math is alright. : ) I'm getting better at it least, haha. Thank you again, Renda! ^_^