Trip to a Poem | Teen Ink

Trip to a Poem

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Ready to take a flight to a star!
Just grab a pen and travel far.

When ink meets a paper.
Somehow gives birth to a Wonder.

Takes you off the ground.
Then you take a look around.

It's the Poetry world amazement.
Where emotions rule over the placement.

Made Actions and Dialogues two worlds apart.
It is the Lyrics of someone's Heart.

Sometimes it's Tragic.
Sometimes it's Magic.

Random but strong words come out.
Smoothly written with No Doubt.

Free to use Creativity.
With a simple word Composition activity.
And a remarkable Rhyme intensity.
In some way makes a fabulous Harmony.

Feels like flying away to Space.
Where everything is Beautiful in that place.

When ink draws the final full stop on a paper.
Saying Goodbye to the wonderful world all over.

Putting you roughly back on the ground.
Then you take a look around.

It's Reality world stop.
Where actions are under the spot.

Traveling through space where time stops and nothing alse matters more than my words and my feelings. Words are the strongest weapon that everybody ownes. They have the power to turn a life around.

on May. 9 2015 at 7:36 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you I appreciate your opinion @Anna_Sharuda ^_^

on May. 8 2015 at 6:07 pm
AnnaSharudenko BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. -Edgar Allan Poe

Wow. I love it!!! Amazingly written and I can totally relate to the poem :)

on Oct. 20 2014 at 3:03 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you so much! I'm really happy you enjoyed it ^_^

on Oct. 20 2014 at 3:02 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you! I so appreciate the 5 stars rating ^_^ Thanks

on Oct. 13 2014 at 9:14 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

First of all, thank you so much for the comment. I so enjoyed and appreciated your opinion ^_^ Concerning your question...Well, it was creative in some way but also I wanted to force on some words which really have a strong connection with the topic "Poetry" (like: Space, Creativity, Harmony, Tragic and Magic...) Although I know that each word has its own weight on a conscience, my only goal was to make it heavier and as a result, it will leave a deeper impact on the reader. I hope it makes sense to you and most of all I truly hope you felt and related to my words. Thanks again a lot for the support, it meant so much to me ^_^

on Oct. 12 2014 at 7:24 pm
Armadeus_Zoolitzer GOLD, Ratter Corner, Other

"Arose by any other name is still the past tense of arise." Steve Patterson on CBC's The Debators "The devil's greatest trick was chopping the water into separate bathtubs. Then attaching claws to those bathtubs." Bob Schofield's The Inevitable June

This poem is a trip in itself! And a vivid one at that. That's my positive comment. I genuinely enjoyed this piece, the rhyme scheme was the hook for me. Also, I've looked at some if your other work. You yourself have addressed that some of your poems contain grammatical and typographical errors. And, although the reader can most times appreciate a work in spite of typos, I find they can be distracting and take me away from the work. But because this one held a minimal amount, I was able to enjoy it that much more. This is my favorite poem of yours, so far. I've tried writing about writing poems before, and I think you did it quite well in this poem. I have one question, though. Was it a creative decision of yours to capitalize seemingly random words, or was there a pattern in that?

on Oct. 6 2014 at 10:16 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you!! I'm so glad you liked it ^_^ It means a lot to me...Thanks :)

on Oct. 6 2014 at 4:57 am
staryskies GOLD, Siteki, Other
i'm inlove with this poem!writting is just my escape,my voice,a journey and so much more.LOve the way you put it down :)

on Aug. 16 2014 at 3:23 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

lol hahah :P you're funny lol But thanks so much for the support. Even so it's kinda hard to believe that so many people like my work...i didn't think it's that good. But thanks anyway so much

on Aug. 16 2014 at 12:52 pm
Shadow_hunter SILVER, Nairobi, Other

"Doing things that have not been done yet, is called aspiration and fulfilling them is success"

i am just speechless!! this poem is WOOOOOW!! there so many wonderfull words i can use to describe this poem, but i just dont have the space. But just know this you are a GREAT poet!

on Aug. 14 2014 at 5:20 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks I so appreciate that ^_^ But mostly I like it when people do agree with what I share in my poems which I know that pretty much all of the members in Teenink do agree with the fact that writing is a wonderful way to reach people's hearts and make a change in some way...I don't know if I'm making sense here but Thanks anyway for the support :D

on Aug. 14 2014 at 12:18 pm
Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other

I slay.

Just 3 words - amazing  awesome n gr8 Your poem rocks!!!

on Aug. 3 2014 at 2:31 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

It's my pleasure RyanM. And yes actually that's what I was hoping for when I wrote this poem "Show people why words have such a huge effect on the world. They have the power to turn a life around" Thanks again for the feedback ^_^

on Aug. 1 2014 at 5:52 pm
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

I love it. I love it. I love it. This is a great example to show people who don't write peotry that this is how it feels and they should take part in it. thank you for this.

on Jul. 10 2014 at 5:54 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

You are truely welcome dear ^_^ it is my pleasure! Thank you for the feedback

on Jul. 9 2014 at 3:07 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I love this! Thank you, for sharing this! It's true! ^_^ 5/5  

on Jul. 7 2014 at 6:55 pm
A.Harkness SILVER, Deming, Washington

"Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone". -Anonymous

Excellent piece! :) 5/5

on Jul. 7 2014 at 5:54 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you so much that is so kind of you. I'm glad my poems can reach people's hearts cuz that's my GOAL. Thanks again ^_^

on Jul. 7 2014 at 7:50 am
Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

You have such a talent for writing! This poem is beautiful!!

on Jul. 6 2014 at 6:10 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Ooooh thank you that's so sweet but don't you say that you can't write so poetically you surely do ^_^ and even better than me ;) Thanks anyway for the feedback i really appreciate that ^_^