At the End of the Never-Ending Tunnel | Teen Ink

At the End of the Never-Ending Tunnel

By Mirooney BRONZE, Hooksett, New Hampshire
Mirooney BRONZE, Hooksett, New Hampshire

Death is but Crossing the World, as Friends do the Seas; They live in one another still.
5
132. For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is Omnipresent.
6
133. In this Divine Glass, they see Face to Face; and their Converse is Free, as well as Pure.
7
134. This is the Comfort of Friends, that though they may be said to Die, yet their Friendship and Society are, in the best Sense, ever present, because Immortal.

Peace not the complex ravages of war
Free birds in the sky without a care
Dancing like kites in the blowing air.
War’s red hot fire burns to the core
Destruction in it’s path wiping out all for
Leaving souls with nothing but a sorrowed prayer.
The joy at the end of the never-ending tunnel,
Bright light as a shooting star reaching your core
Weight lifting off our shoulders, catching our breath.
Spiritless, pointless, screams of sudden death
Our landscape is slowly declining
People fleeing ever so discreetly.
Even when it surrounds us completely
Darkness has a beautiful silver lining.

I really wanted to do something that would stand out, like me! It think that this poem is about always looking on the bright side and being optimistic even when your worst fear is around the corner.

jcarrobis said...
on May. 29 2013 at 7:46 am
I love the poem by Mirooney, the sound of her voice is poignant, amazing poem thanks for sharing!

Smsorina said...
Great great poem! Very impressive for a young poet! All the best to the poet and I hope you will have more poems coming and you will publish them soon!

on May. 26 2013 at 9:15 am

5
6
7

Please leave a comment  if you enjoyed this or even if you want to just say hi!