The Rain | Teen Ink

The Rain

By ...PensiveGurl... PLATINUM, Aurora, Colorado
...PensiveGurl... PLATINUM, Aurora, Colorado

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it- Neil Gaiman.
Who are you to be who you are?-Le'Na Pernell

Droplets sliding down my glass window pane,
A miracle in a liquid disguise.
I watch the simple beauty that is rain
The heavens do cry tears, I realize.
The skies split apart, enabling and
Allowing the sweet droplets to fall down
To Earth. I extend my arm and my hand
Gets wet. Rain sprinkles upon the whole town
Making our sunny day gloomy and sad,
(At least in most people's opinion.) Splish!
Splash! Splosh! Jumping in the puddles is rad!
Plpo! Plop! Plop! The drops fill the doggie's dish.
The wet liquid tears that fall from above,
The wet liquid tears I have come to love.

The rain has always made me smile.

^_^                       

it was a project for drama last year. I'll admit after I read this, I didn't like it as much as I thought. Sonnets and poems that rhyme really aren't my thing. But thanks for commenting ^^

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

Alright, so you've spoliled me some with all your other works, so it took me off guard when I didn't like this one as much. The rhyming was difficult to understand. ANd what is the deal with you and those one awkward words in each of your poems???? RAD?? Don't torture yourself to make something rhyme. Just... anyother word... any other word PLEASE!!!!

that's okay ^.^ rhyming really isn't my thing, though i admire those who can. thanks for commenting!

on Jun. 4 2010 at 9:00 am
AaronMitchell GOLD, Picayune, Mississippi
I like this, mainly because i like the rain alot too.  I looked over the majority of your poems, and i'm sad to say i have a little trouble reading them.  I guess i'm so accustomed to reading my own style of writing that is full of rhyme and a particular rhythm, that its hard to read something that isn't so meticulously rhyming.  But from what i did read, they are good. 

--LoveHappens--, Fairfield, Connecticut

"A friend is someone who knows you, but loves you anyway"

thanks so much!!! your work is great too

=] thanks! and i read your story about having someone to laugh at. i thought it was really good!

>.<

--LoveHappens--, Fairfield, Connecticut

that's sweet I think the rain is very peaceful unless it goes on for too long. Haha great job

yay! thanks a lot!

>.<

on Feb. 20 2010 at 12:43 am
peacechild SILVER, La Mesa, California

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

I agree with your view on the rain - I love it. I also like this poem. I like the line about "drops fill the doggie's dish," it is really sweet. My only suggestion is to maybe consider more sophisticated words for "sad" and "rad" just because the rest of your poem is so good it makes those little words seem kid of out of place. But then again, that is just my suggestion - in all I think it is a great poem. :)

Me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

EmC725 SILVER said...
EmC725 SILVER, Western Springs, Illinois

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings

lovely!!! I feel just as you do about rain! very descriptive! I could picture exactly what you were saying! Great job! Rain replenishes and gives live, but sometimes it does more harm than help--that's it's mystery. I love rainy days, even when they make me feel blue!

thanks. >.<

I liked this poem better than all of your others that I read put together :) It was really interesting and you used good descriptive imagery.

Thanks, musicislife!!!!!!!!!!O.O

musicislife GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

in the end the big picture doesn't even matter it's the little things that make the best memories and life lessons

loved it ^^^^^^^^^

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

O.O

on Jan. 25 2010 at 10:09 am
Katherine93 GOLD, Liverpool, Other

"the only person you are destined to become is the person that you choose to be" - unknown

wow i love it, the first two lines had me blown away, your fab. keep up the good work as thats the only way to improve - also, take peoples comments with a pinch of salt, if your happ with a piece then pay no attention to anyone else. It's yours!

Thanks so much!!!!!

on Jan. 9 2010 at 1:17 am
sheldrakebrandon, Westchester, Ohio

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” (Eleanor Roeesevelt)

wow. I really like the flow of the poem. It is developed well.