Believe | Teen Ink

Believe

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

If I climbed the highest mountain,
Swam across the widest sea,
Possibly would you then,
Begin to believe in me?

If I found the cure to cancer,
Or created a great invention,
Finally would you have faith,
In all my good intentions?

If I stopped the hungry from starving,
And gave strength to all the weak,
Maybe then would you listen,
To all the words I speak?

If you simply made a difference,
In one life or two,
I promise I would be proud,
Because I already believe in you...

Just the frustration of being ignored and put down inspired me to write this poem... why can't people just have faith in others dreams, hopes, and intentions... come on have a lil faith

Elo SILVER said...
Elo SILVER, Robstown, Texas

GROW

My Girl relinquished all her faith in me and our relationship. I know how you feel

mee-mee SILVER said...
on Nov. 5 2012 at 10:26 am
mee-mee SILVER, Orlando, Florida

"we all have dreams. but always remember with that dream comes a star. trust in yourself, believe in who you are. with nothing but confidence you will go far."
-mee-mee hoskins

quote written by:mee mee hoskins

wow ! i like this one A L O T ! i feel like this sometimes so i get you

Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa

"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

Love it so much! I used to be ignored to still am by some. Now I kinda wish my parents still did ignore me.great work

Briannat SILVER, La Quinta, California

What you feel is what you are, and what you are is beautiful.

This is great, I'm a fan of this poem. Love it!

on Jan. 23 2012 at 12:49 am
choirchic101 SILVER, Norwalk, California

in order for God to use all of you you have to be completely broken

This is a great way of expressing your feelings. I know how you feel. Great poem.

windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.

brilliant, dont lose sight of this, its a quality that i myself posses, and its rare, it will help people who have lost themselves, tis the noblest of actions one can take for another.  keep up the great writing, it will reflect in you future.

D. said...
This is how I feel EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! I'm glad somebody finally brought it up, and in such a beautiful form :)

Countrylife4 GOLD, Maine

"Someday soon we're gonna catch that dream we've been chasing"
"Seven days without a horse makes one weak."
"The worst part of riding is when you dismount."

Insult my clothes, I say, “Okay, thanks for the compliment.”
Insult the way I look, I say, “Thanks for notifying me.”
Mock me and say riding isn’t a sport, and I’ll say,”You say that ’cause you can’t ride.” But before you make fun of my horse, make sure you have “911″ on your speed dial.

That was AMAZING!!! Keep on writing! :)

TheHangingGirl BRONZE, Winter Haven, Florida
1 article 1 photo 250 comments

"Poets utter great and wise things that they themselves can not comprehend."

luvv it! Check out mine when it gets published ;) 

BTW i absolutely can relate. 

Emilia901 GOLD said...
Emilia901 GOLD, Moreno Valley, California

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." Jessamyn West

I know the feeling, it's like "Give me a littlbe bit of credit will yah!". The last stanza was just the perfect way to end it

"If you simply made a difference,
In one life or two,
I promise I would be proud,
Because I already believe in you... "

Really beautiful (bonus points for the rhyming!)

bamboom212 PLATINUM, Chestnut Ridge, New York

"The truth with a bad intent, is worse than any lie you can ever invent."
"You are smarter than you think. You are stronger than you look. You are braver than you feel."

awww i really lovee this. very touchingg, the reader can really feel the emotion. wow gr8 job:D plz keep writingg!

on Oct. 21 2010 at 6:56 am
Joob-Stache GOLD, Rice Lake, Wisconsin

Don't be afraid to take a chance, to take a fall, in the end it could be worth it all<3

I really love this!! <3 I have some new work, if you want to come check it out. Thanx.

Someone_Who_Is_Loved GOLD, Mount Forest, Other

This quote is one I made up.....
"You can't climb a mountian without a harness." It means that you can't go where you want to get in life without the help of your friends or family.

Hey, I really love ur poems and pictures!!!! U'r one of my fave ppl on this website ;)

Shweta SILVER said...
on Aug. 21 2010 at 8:36 am
Shweta SILVER, Saharsa, Other
My pleasure :)

You are so welcome:) I'm glad we are too! Thank you, bluemagnet...as u read my eyes are bright blue...when i was a girl my dad would always tell me I drew people in with my eyes, they were like a "magnet" and I guess it just stuck! and the 22...well my birthday is 2-22, when I was born i was 22inches long, in elementary school my seat # was 22,  so it has just always been my number and i love that!!! It's so cool that u feel like i'm a character in a movie!lol thanx;)

Shweta SILVER said...
on Aug. 12 2010 at 9:20 am
Shweta SILVER, Saharsa, Other
You are very welcome...and thanks.I'm glad that we are now friends.BTW I want to tell you something,I love your screen name 'bluemagnet22'.I read through your profile and now I know that you are blue eyed.Probably thats related to your screen name..right?I feel as if you are main character of a movie named bluemagnet lol.

Thank you so much! You are such an amazing poet also! Ofcoarse we can be friends! I read your "about me" section on ur profile and i so agree! Writing is not a hobby it is a passion and a love that overwhelms my life. It gives me a way to express myself

Shweta SILVER said...
on Aug. 11 2010 at 8:46 am
Shweta SILVER, Saharsa, Other
You are an awesome poet.This is a lovely sonnet.The flow is so nice.I love the ending very much..Can we please be friends?I love your writing so much..

Thanx n ya i'll check out ur stuff

Aww thank u so much:)