Remember to Forget | Teen Ink

Remember to Forget

By realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington
realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington

"I don't know where I'm going from here but I promise it won't be boring." -David Bowie

I’m fighting for someone who will never fight for me. Loving you is my deepest darkest secret. You are so much more. You know who I am and maybe that is why we are worlds apart. Let's make a promise, You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground I’ll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds. Together we can go higher. Please say yes. I’m tired of holding my breath everytime you pass. I’m giving you the key to my heart please don’t throw it in the ocean of forgotten things. My heart is open to you this is something I hardly ever do.
What am I to you? I’m so confused, there’s nothing to do because I’m without you. Sometimes if I close my eyes it’s almost like your by my side, wouldn’t that be a dream come true? FIx me for now please, hold me close, tell me you love me while I learn to cope. I didn’t fall from heaven but I’ll love you all the same. I know you love me stop walking away.
I look up at the sky hoping to find you there. Forever in my heart more like drowning in despair. My heart is aching can't take this anymore. I’m scared of these things I see in my dreams. I wish you were here holding me. I don’t want to let go but this pain is too much.I hope soon I’ll forget your love. Your the boy with smoke for lungs. A part of me still wants you to come home tonight.
I remember when you and I were nothing but wild beasts wearing human skins. Roaming the streets as if they were ours for the taking. Maybe that was our only chance at love. We have grown so much I don’t want to let go. Let me love you, please say you love me too. At the end of the day will you be there to hold me like I’ve needed you to?
I was wrong you don’t love me. It seems you’ve moved on. Please forget me. Forget my love. I hope I forget you, forget your love. Remember to forget...a dream not meant to come true.