His Own Undone | Teen Ink

His Own Undone

By dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do" - Steve Jobs

close my eyes, unsee the lies, with trembling hands, the tears are dry.
what have I done? to see this bloodshed. the kingdom comes through suffered roads.
these trees die green, his heart still sings a song of white. these notes hit black, and plant the grey seeds in his life.
and with this stone bleeds in his hands. he say's goodbye to promiseland.
and with this cross is fallen ground, his sight begins to die.
to ocean waves, he see's the light. and digs his graves, for what he's touched has broken.
to every word, what's said and done. death circles in the unchosen one.
It's pouring rain, that leaves him drops of dew. with every pain, he sees something new.
his crown of thorns, has stung too much. his tied up wrists have burned enough.
goodbye he says to everything, leaving all his thoughts behind.
this bullet's cold, sunk through red oceans of his heart, this rope's tight grip, has pulled his spoken truth apart.
and with this cross is fallen ground, his sight begins to die. and as it dies his eyes aren't dry but lost are his tears. his death comes from his own undone and tests with his own spear.

This peice is a prayer for everyone who has taken their life because of the overwhelmness of their crosses.

thank you so much! @AfricanKing the complement means so much to me :) if you like this poem please check out my profile for my other songs/poems. i have a few on there right now and plan on writing better ones in the future

on Jan. 17 2017 at 9:42 am
AfricanKing DIAMOND, Warner Robins, Georgia

Only you and I can help the sun rise each morning. If we don't, it may drench itself out in sorrow - Joan Baez

I love this poem. I really appreciate you writing this, you're a real artist!