Golden Gate Bridge | Teen Ink

Golden Gate Bridge

I'm convincing myself that you are gone, but my mind lies saying that you haven't moved on. Whenever you're close to me, I want you to stay, but I want you to leave. Perhaps this all would be easier if we'd never met, although I don't think that I'd understand that concept. You're by me yet you look away, you want me to leave, and you want me to stay.

Feelings and thoughts so dense, never before, have I seen you so tense. You go with the flow, freeze at the things you don't know. Walking on a wire, lies spreading like a forest fire. Stare is strong so very tense, didn't know your heart was this dense.

Watching you, walk on by. I get the urge to tell you "hi", except I pull away. There I go, holding in what I had to say. Perhaps this all would be easier if we never met, although I don't think that I like that concept. You're by me yet I look away. I want you to leave, and I want you to stay.

Feelings and thoughts so dense, never before have I seen you so tense. You go with the crowd, freeze when they're way too loud. Walking on, a swinging tightrope, truth comes out you start to choke. Tears are strong, so very tense, didn't know you were this dense.

Feelings and thoughts so very dense, I've never seen you look this tense. You're left then right, pause when you choose to hold on tight. Jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, cold splash as you hit the ocean.

Silence is strong, so very tense. Sounds are loud, extremely tense. Love is strong, makes you tense, yes it hurts, so very dense. Truth is strong, truth is dense, never before have I seen you this tense.