Real Friendship | Teen Ink

Real Friendship

By Shaq1 BRONZE, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Shaq1 BRONZE, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

You Can Do All Things Possible Through Christ Who Strenghens You.

Holy Bible.

Today is going to get kinda real, you need to know your circle.
Cause sometimes it’s the ones that are riding with you, that really aren’t riding for you.
You know sometimes it’s the ones that you will throw a punch for but in return they wouldn’t take one for you.
And sometimes it’s the ones that you would take a bullet for that’s actually behind the trigger.
Know your circle.
You know more than likely everyone in your burdens are ruin, some drilled holes when your not looking.
You know just because they hang around you, just because they laugh with you, doesn’t mean that their for you.
Just because they smile in your face, doesn’t mean that their talking good about you behind your back, people pretend well.
You know most people will tell you that they got your back but few will actually prove it, loyalty is rare so appreciate the ones who give it to you on the daily.
Not everybody who says I’m happy for you wants to see you happy, that’s why the better you do with your life, the smaller your circle gets because true intentions get exposed.
So watch who you tell your secrets to, watch who you share your dreams with because there’s no guarantee that the relationship or that friendship will last forever, you know it’ll be the same ones that says I’m praying for you but behind closed doors be laughing at your struggle, know your circle, real situations will always expose fake people so pay attention.
You know just to get ahead in life people will drag your name through the mud just to clean up their own image, just to get ahead in life people will tear your life down just to build theirs up it’s a cold world.
You know friendship isn’t about how much you talk, how much you hang out, its about how much your there for each other in a time of need.
Know your circle.
You know I’ll tell you like this, the smaller my circle got the cooler my vision became, they say strength and number it ain’t strength and number its strength and loyalty.
You know a true friend isn’t gonna throw you a life jacket when your drowning, because instead they gonna jump in and save your life or your gonna drawn together.
Surround yourself around people who won’t hesitate to go in with you when things get real. Surround yourself around people who won’t let your back get against the wall because they actually got your back.
If your circle don’t got that type of loyalty, if your circle don’t got that type of commitment, you need to do some surgery and cut some people out.
It all starts with you,
It’s your life,
Know Your circle.

Shaq1 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 18 2014 at 1:26 pm
Shaq1 BRONZE, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Holy Bible.

Thank you very much.   Inspirationtalks.weebly.com

Shaq1 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 17 2014 at 1:01 pm
Shaq1 BRONZE, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Holy Bible.

Thank you, I write from my heart and perosnal experiences. Just like I said it all starts with you.

on Nov. 17 2014 at 10:42 am
Anyuhhhh BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

It's hard to beat someone who never gives up

I really liked this poetry because it made me think, and I liked how you said know your circle more than once to portray the message. I would suggest to give more detailed reasons such as examples that people can relate to. Other than that, it made me think and I liked that, keep it up!

Liz Morales said...
on Nov. 17 2014 at 10:38 am
Awesome. Really great.