Sticks & Stones | Teen Ink

Sticks & Stones

June 25, 2014
By Silverness SILVER, Logan, Ohio
Silverness SILVER, Logan, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Laying here I start to wonder: Where did I go wrong? I'm weak and tender but I was once so strong. I didn't mean to break and crumble, but I knew it was coming all along.

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you. What a lie. You put on a disguise but the words are hurting you inside.

We turn toward the world, we let them see us. Here is where we stand. Together hand in hand. Never parting, we know we can't be bent and we will prevail, because we know we can.

Sticks and stones may break our bones but words can never hurt us. What a lie. We put on a disguise but the words are hurting us inside.

Fighting for what I fell in my heart. I am making a move. Honestly this is the path that I decided to chose. For I see it as an opportunity, because I feel that I have nothing to lose.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. What a lie. I put on a disguise but the words are hurting me inside.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never (words can never) hurt me. What a lie. What a lie, they told me all this time. I put on a disguise (I had to hide) because word were hurting me inside.

The word are hurting me inside, hurting me inside.