That Little Girl | Teen Ink

That Little Girl

By AhtmahKhalsa DIAMOND, Espanola, New Mexico
AhtmahKhalsa DIAMOND, Espanola, New Mexico

''Be Formless, Shapless, Like Water...When you put water in the cup, you become the cup, when you put water in the teapot, you become the teapot, be water my friend...'' -Bruce Lee

''The Only enemy we have to fight is ourselves''-Morihei Ueshiba

Date Made: February 15th 2014.

Lyrics:

Verse 1:

She's gotten in trouble.
More then once.
And you were never there for her.
So caught up in your own bullshit.
So tired of you saying it.
And now…

(Chorus)

That Little Girl.
Is now 16.
You don't care what she has done.
And you don't know what I have seen.
You don't know where the f*** she has been.
She's sending nude photos to guys half her age.
She said when she was 5 she wanted to act on stage.
But you were never there, you didn't care.
And now this is your daughter drunk and drugged up.
This is…
That Little Girl.

(End of 1st Chorus)

Verse 2:

Daddy didn't care.
Momma didn't share.
You didn't give a f***, cus you were never there.
Spoiled your daughter right when she was born.
Never cared what she would do, now her life is torn.
Girlhood Smashed, Best Friend Died in a Car Crash.
Don't call yourself a parent when you promote Trash.
Because now…

(Chorus)

That Little Girl.
Is now 16.
You don't care what she has done.
And you don't know what I have seen.
This is…
That Little Girl.

(End of Last Chorus)

Last Verse:

Dysfunctional family excuses.
I've had enough of your s***.
F*** with kids lives and I'll show you what you get.
Should have cleaned up your act, should have gave a f***.
But now the key is thrown away, and the door is locked.
While you sit there in your drug addicted, alcoholic haze.
You never realized the parts of her life that have been so phased.
Never ceasing to amaze.
Your Little Girl is all Grown Up.
And she was never given the childhood or life she deserved.
And now this is.

That Little Girl...

A Song that deals with Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Abuse and Sex with young girls being raised in Dysfunctional families especially here in the U.S.

Thanks....and well I am clueless at the moment haha I mean cus some of the words are long it could possibily be a mix with rap and rock in the same song. ..I play instruments as well as sing and do all of my own music so some songs are completed easily some songs aren't...thats just the way it is. And yeah haha I understand....but profanity sometimes has it place in songs....cus sometimes you cannot get the point accross clearly enough sometimes unless you cuss. And because this song is so personal to me cus its about someone I know in real life, thats why I made it. Basically kind of you know telling the parents of this girl I know that this is what happened to their daughter and they don't care about her cus they were never there....and its a song that can be related to a lot of girls tho who go thru this...but more than anything, I just wanted to let people know that just because girls are like this doesn't mean they are bad...doesn't mean we should view them badly....but rather understand how they got that way....And if anyone is to blame its the parents not the kids.    

SunnyDreams BRONZE, Niger Falls, Other

Can you feel what I have seen, when no one else has lived through what I have?-HalveOfLife

I loved this piece of musice I can relate somewhat... sort of... my dad left when i was 9 and I never felt like he didn't care, I grew with only a Ma for so many years... although my dad has helped my Ma a lot then i realized that he did care. at least a little bit.... I advice that you tell your parents how you feel about everything.... also witht the language i have to agree with the others it was a little much, but over all the meaning was really good.

ImmortalRose GOLD, Arvada, Colorado

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Khalil Gibran

I love this... However... I think you may have cussed a bit too much... Yinda detracts a bit from the piece. But I still think it is quite amazing

on Feb. 25 2014 at 11:22 am
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

I do think this is an interesting set of lyrics. I have a questions in regards to what genre of music it would be? Also even though I liked the story of your poem, I feel as though you could have toned down on the profanic language, simply because it just sounds to me like a furious man ranting to a parent. It takes Away from the poetic eloquence. I just thought I would put in my personal opinion, anyhow good work on getting a number one.