We Are | Teen Ink

We Are

By TevyRae PLATINUM, Pittsfield, Pennsylvania
TevyRae PLATINUM, Pittsfield, Pennsylvania

"Here is a small fact: You are going to die." ~The Book Thief
"You have no stupidity inside of your adorable little self." ~Mikey Pasterik

“I Was”
Only a bottle of pills
And a rusty razorblade
Before you took them away.

“You Were”
Waiting patiently,
Your friendship outstretched,
Maybe you knew,
How much I needed you.
You were there,
Always there,
Talking to me with your eyes.
Waiting.

“We Are”
Innocent heaps of giggles,
Slouched beside each other,
On the basket ball court by the pond,
Trying to raise our voices,
Over the sound of the frogs.
We are snowballs in the face and back,
Clinging onto fleece jackets.
We are the fall of a clumsy girl in the kitchen of a castle,
Children playing catch with a golf ball.
We are honey and snickers and honey bunches of oats with almonds,
Lucky charms marshmallows,
And the vibrations of the piano.
We are the gentle pitter-patter of raindrops on cold skin,
And the silent booming of sweet thunder.
We are fingers entwined and goose bumps.
A much needed embrace.
We are in love,
We just don’t know it yet.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

So good! Your poem took my breath away. I hope to read more soon too, of your wonderful poems! ^_^ cheering for you! thanks for sharing this!

on May. 31 2013 at 2:02 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Well, That's great  :D

I didn't find it weird at all. Thanks again :D I'll keep posting!

on May. 30 2013 at 4:48 am

- Maya Angelou

WOW Tevy, I'm really overwhelmed by all that gratitude for what I thought  was a weird comment. You're welcome. Always. And I really like your writing. Hope to read more soon. :D Love, Saphira.

Wow:) thank you so much for all those comments. and especially this one!! thank you so very much!! :D 

on May. 29 2013 at 4:40 am

- Maya Angelou

This gave me goosebumps.....you know how I'm a total non-believer, right? However this made my skin crawl. IT WAS THAT GOOD... I couldn't help but read it twice... I hope this isn't too weird Tevy....I'm SO HAPPY for you :D

Thanks for commenting :D so how can you tell? 

Mkath SILVER said...
Mkath SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota

"Anyone Who thinks that Sunshine is Pure Happiness has Obviously Never Danced in the Rain"

I can really tell that this is bassed on real feelings. 

Thank you so much!! :D

Reese18 SILVER said...
Reese18 SILVER, Redford, Michigan

that's totally awesome

I agree wilth Mckay! This is amazing ! Very welll done!

on May. 2 2013 at 9:51 am

Thanks, I'm sure everything will work out. 
Ah, well that's good! That will give you more time to make the right decision and think on it. I'll continue praying for you and your choice!! :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

That's great news. I hope everything works out with him. I really do. Ahh, young love.  So far, I'm well. No official decision...yet. Thank God they extend my admission offer till May 15; so I have a few more weeks to clear up my mind. Hopefully everything will work out as well. fingers crossed.

This person asked me out in a round about way. :P I, of course, said yes. We're currently "dating" (It's more like the old fashioned "courting" when the guy goes over to the girl's house to talk with the family and stuff) Its working out wonderfully and I'm so happy. 

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I've been wondering how things are going. Did you make your decision? 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes, I can tell. Did you ask this person out? Did it work out? By the way, I'm feeling better now. My thoughts are clearing up a bit day by day.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I actually wrote this about a friendship that was slowly turning into something more. Every word of it is true with deep meaning.   

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I love this. I wanna fall in love this way without knowing it. I like the Lucky Charms reference. I wish I had read this earlier.