Tears | Teen Ink

Tears

By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."

First verse-
I’m watching, as your crying, holding you in my arms. Your silence is speaking loudly as we stand there in the dark. Your tears pour onto my shirt as you cry yourself to sleep. You do this every night, and your making me feel weak.

Chorus-
Baby don’t you cry, I’ll sing you a sweet lullaby to stop your horrible tears. You wake up every night screaming in dreadful fear. I’ll do anything to keep you safe and away from all the tears.

Second verse-
I see the fires out the window and the smoke surrounds me. I hear you screaming; you wrap your arms around my waist, and cry in desperate need. You tuck your face in my shirt once again, and I whisper to you, “Baby don’t you cry. This isn’t the end.”

(Repeat Chorus)

Ending Chorus-
Oh, we rush into battle as you scream and cry; I turn around and see you with tears in my eyes. All the crying has stopped as we take our final stand, but then I hear you singing, the lullaby in the sand… Baby… don’t you cry, I’ll sing you a sweet lullaby to stop your horrible tears. You woke up every night screaming in dreadful fear. I’ll do anything to keep you safe and away from all the tears… oh, baby I’ll do anything to keep you safe, and away from all the…Tears… :’(

This is about a little girl who has a big sister and she has to go into battle, and she wants to stay and protect her but she can't. It was inspired by The Hunger Games. :)