Star Stained | Teen Ink

Star Stained

By markie_anderle SILVER, Shaker Heights, Ohio
markie_anderle SILVER, Shaker Heights, Ohio

Constantly preoccupied with the sound of the stars you wander aimlessly in the dark
I'd tell you you're chasing ghosts but I don't want to break your heart

What you're looking for is long gone away they took it after the nights started to change into day,
There's nothing left but smothered embers because they're stifling the stars, the night will never be the same, no more staring off at Mars.

What happened to those nights we reigned, can it really be that all the smiles were really stained?
They've got the blood of the stars on their hands and they won't save the sky, they've taken the moon and locked it away, now how are we ever going to fly?

You're still floating as if nothing has changed, if you could only see that's just going to cause you pain
The days of yesterday are long gone and there isn't any use trying to remember, so please stop searching for the lost embers

And I know that I can't stay but I can't leave you behind, it isn't your fault you've spent all these days trapped aimlessly inside your mind

I'm leaving now and you wave as I travel out of sight, Maybe I'll make my way back in the dark of the night
I'll take the moon back from their star stained hands, and maybe if they really tried they could finally understand