I See You | Teen Ink

I See You

By kmpoetgirl7 PLATINUM, Phillips, Wisconsin
kmpoetgirl7 PLATINUM, Phillips, Wisconsin

"You must be in control of the authorship of your own destiny. The pen that writes your life story must be held in your own hand." Irene C. Kassorla

Chorus: When I look inside my heart, I see your smiling face/And I know in an instant I've been touched by your grace/Even though i said goodbye, cried so many tears/I know you're still with me. I know you're still here.

Verse1: I see your face every day/When I get on my knees to pray/I ask God how you're doing and he tells me fine./That's how it always goes when I get God on the line.
CHORUS
Verse2: I see you in the clear blue sky/Your face is that cloud/I want to yell hi up to you. I want to yell so loud./I know you wo't hear me and won't reply/ That's one thing that gets me and makes me want to cry
CHORUS
Verse3: I see you in tha bubbling brook/I see you everywhere I look/I see you in your daughter's eyes and in your son/Right then I know I'm not the only one
CHORUS

This song is about my uncle who left this earth August of 2009. I miss him more than I knew possible. RIP... You are missed.