Jane Doe | Teen Ink

Jane Doe

By JenxGoesRawr GOLD, Roswell, Georgia
JenxGoesRawr GOLD, Roswell, Georgia

"This is how we'll dance when,
When they try to take us down
This is how we'll sing it.
This is how we'll stand when,
When they burn our houses down.
This is what will be.
Oh, glory."
- Let the Flames Begin by Paramore

[Priest]
We are gathered here on this patronizing day in honor of the tragic loss of our beloved Jane Doe… Here at my feet lies her lifeless body, now so morbidly still and cold. No one truly knows who she was, nor the day here world would collapse, and the floor would slide beneath her feet. She fell into the trap of Death’s Will, and today we lay her to rest. I believe she deserves all respect, whether good or evil, but we will forever remember her tale.
To conclude this bitter ending, I now leave Jane Doe to tell us the story of her last glances of life...
[Jane Doe]
I’ll always live like I’m dying; there’s a reason I view it that way. This is the reason I cry each and every night, and hope I won’t awaken.
I close my eyes and paint a picture; I discover the voice of an angel. Am I to believe there’s a place up high; where I’d no longer consume such grief?
Emotions repel like a thousand earthquakes, I keep accusing my mind. And here I lay at the hands of fate, the mighty god’s alive!
I’m buried beneath a sea of lies, the sky now dark and cold. I feel as if I’m on a cloud, watching this life unfold.
These broken memories have left me heartless; Nightmares reform my fears. I’ve fallen into this pit of dread; please make this disappear!
I’ve been sewn and stitched again and again, but this hole can never be closed. Now I’m left with just a thread, as I dangle off the edge.
My life is like a horror film; there’s no sight of happy endings. I can never seem to quite understand, and I refuse to continue and pretend.
I’ve fallen short of all expectations; I’ve finally hit the ground. I’ve lost all grips to continue this fight; I’ve gone down without a sound.
I stagger across the thorns of life; I can no longer feel my heart beat. I see the blood that covers my skin; I see the knife in hand.
I lose myself in sick reflection; I lost this battle alone. All I wanted was to live the dream; but the wicked took all control.
It was my tears that brought the flood; there are no second chances. This is one wrong that can’t be undone; now I’m left to wonder what It’s like to be loved.

[Silent Angel]
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Looking back through hard times, i imagine this as me.